PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL Hold' Em Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Hold' Em Books

Hello, I was wondering what book or books someone would recommend for a beginner/advanced nl hold em player?

Thanks

Cash or Tournament?

Comment

Believe it or not, Texas Hold'em for Dummies is a very good book to start with. I also am a fan of Dan Harrington's books, but he's a bit all over the place, so make sure you have a solid basis before you go to ol' Dan or you'll just confuse yourself. The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide is good if you want to get a sense for different theories as well as a primer for non NLHE games. (sorry for the plug on a Poker Stars site, but, well...)

Comment

Last edited by crtpaulus; Wed Mar 09, 2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Tournament books!

Comment

THE BEST book out there is "winning poker tournaments one hand at a time" by pearl jammer, apestyles and rizen
            these three dude have well over 6 million dollars in internet poker cashes and are the young guns of the game
            there are some real suprises in this book, they go thru live hands about 70 each and then three way on thirty more in the end
            each has a slightly different pattern of thought
            i found this book fascinating and it tremendously helped my thought processes to see how these pros approached hands
            this book is all meat
            no fillers or meat by products

Comment

Originally posted by buffalohead View Post
              this book is all meat
              no fillers or meat by products
              But aren't you a vegan?
              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.