PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trumpin Joe....help me out here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumpin Joe....help me out here.

ok man, i took another player's advice about trying some sit n go's. First 1.10 45plyr i enter this is what happens.
    .......u may say, well u had pocket kings and an ace hit the flop, why not fold instead of 3 betting the flop? well this guy had raised with a weak ace before around the button.....i figure in his position considering he limped in he most likely doesn't have an ace.....he is just trying to reraise me cause he has chips.......i make a great read on this guy and he gets paid off again on the turn for a horrible call....

what the hell? how do u call with pocket 4's after i 3 bet the flop???? what gives?? i woulda folded 4's there immediately if i got reraised. just unreal.

PokerStars Game #58899259911: Tournament #372938709, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/03/09 0:19:17 ET
    Table '372938709 3' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 1: Reptar7 (1425 in chips)
    Seat 2: PoManSpecial (2782 in chips)
    Seat 3: ks4ps (1435 in chips)
    Seat 5: Dr. Klaatu (1870 in chips)
    Seat 6: hiphoplives (1530 in chips)
    Seat 7: ChaseHoldem (1743 in chips)
    Seat 9: timperry58 (4195 in chips)
    Dr. Klaatu: posts small blind 15
    hiphoplives: posts big blind 30
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to hiphoplives [Kd Kc]
    ChaseHoldem: folds
    timperry58: folds
    Reptar7: folds
    PoManSpecial: calls 30
    ks4ps: folds
    Dr. Klaatu: folds
    hiphoplives: raises 150 to 180
    PoManSpecial: calls 150
    *** FLOP *** [Ad 3s Td]
    hiphoplives: bets 180
    PoManSpecial: raises 210 to 390

hiphoplives: raises 240 to 630
    PoManSpecial: calls 240
    *** TURN *** [Ad 3s Td] [4c]
    HasseLasse is connected
    Hardy.J is connected
    hiphoplives: checks
    PoManSpecial: bets 300
    hiphoplives: calls 300
    *** RIVER *** [Ad 3s Td 4c] [3h]
    hiphoplives: checks
    PoManSpecial: bets 420
    hiphoplives: calls 420 and is all-in
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    PoManSpecial: shows [4h 4d] (a full house, Fours full of Threes)
    hiphoplives: shows [Kd Kc] (two pair, Kings and Threes)
    PoManSpecial collected 3075 from pot
    hiphoplives finished the tournament in 36th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3075 | Rake 0
    Board [Ad 3s Td 4c 3h]
    Seat 1: Reptar7 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: PoManSpecial showed [4h 4d] and won (3075) with a full house, Fours full of Threes
    Seat 3: ks4ps (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: Dr. Klaatu (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: hiphoplives (big blind) showed [Kd Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and Threes
    Seat 7: ChaseHoldem folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: timperry58 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Last edited by hiphoplives; Wed Mar 09, 2011, 07:38 AM.

Also Joe, why is your avatar a cat?

Comment

anybody understand what the hell happened in this hand?? do i have to go all in to get him to fold or what?

i put him on either a flush draw or a Ten.....and he hits a miracle after i three bet him....!!??

i am getting really fed up with making great reads and studying the game and reading people spot on and then it doesn't even matter because i am constantly getting beat by dominated hands.....
      Last edited by hiphoplives; Wed Mar 09, 2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Your 3bet was too small. You gave him something like 5-to-1 on a call. Also, the guy's probably a donk.

Comment

i bet that small on purpose .....knowing that if he has absolutely nothing he has to put me on an ace and fold......if someone 3bet me with that amount i would definately fold with his hand considering i raised preflop...what did he think he could beat honestly???

so here goes the hundo i deposited....Steadily going down down down because of the EXACT same kinda stuff that was happening to me years ago when i would deposit online..........this is DEFINATELY the last time i deposit. believe that.
          I may still play some pso but that's about it. at least next month i will be active and be eligible for a real prize.
          Last edited by hiphoplives; Wed Mar 09, 2011, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Obviously, he could beat someone with a worse decision-making process than him.

Of course, he might have had some good and justified reason to do what he did. I just don't read it as a good play. For all I know, you had a flamboyant tendency to min-raise with air.

Comment

haha "flamboyant tendency to min-raise with air" LOL i would have to say I definately do not, as I like to win. umbup: that was funny though.

Comment

Variance is going to kick at you a lot more online.
                Your playing like the guy is capable of reading a board and what a light 3bet means.
                They dont think on that lvl in the micros and a lot of tricky moves fail,cause they want to mash buttons or be a hero and call you down.
                Its frustrating as hell some times so I can hear where you are coming from.

Comment

Oh hiphop. This is a worrying post. Once again I see you descending into that dark world from which I thought you'd emerged.

The villain is an idiot. Plain and simple. And the more idiots that put their money up for grabs the better. When you get hit like this it's difficult to appreciate, but we actually need the idiots to get served their slice of luck to convince them they're playing correctly or they would soon be gone forever.

The problem is not the site, the villain or how you play, but your reaction to the outcome. Get a grip before we lose you again.

Comment

Three words hiphop -- Results Oriented Thinking. Don't dwell on the results of individual hands. Look to see if you made +EV decisions instead. Here your read said villian would raise pre with an ace. You acted on your read (I agree with Panicky to 3 bet more - at least 5-600) but villian wouldn't fold. You made good decisions, next game please!

Comment

theres so way you cant in the back of your mind think that he doesnt have a small ace
                      this is a buck tourney
                      weak aces are GOLD to these people
                      you have to fold on the flop with kings because you cant be sure he doesnt have an ace
                      i folded kings yesterday to a donk tard

Comment

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...eat-of-my-life

A guy in a $.25 45-man SNG called me down to the river with pocket 4's and spiked the river. I had top 2 pair A's and K's on the flop lol! I hope this makes you feel a little bit better, or atleast not alone!

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.