PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impulsive Calling to Shovers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulsive Calling to Shovers...

Hi all,

I am relatively new to the PSO (less than a month) - and can already see a huge improvement in my play.

However, I am still prone to the "ICS" as I call it or Impulsive Calling to Shovers... and usually with ok hole cards rather than the top three (although KK is just a bad hand for me)

Seems a stupid question, but does anyone have any tips on calling shoves?

Regards

Takers12

Well after a weekend where I had AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AKs all cracked I think I can say they don't mean much in PSO. Once the chips are in it's time to just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Seriously though, there are those that think all-in or shoving most of their chip stack in pre-flop is how you're supposed to play. I usually sit back and let them blow away their stack then start playing poker. This past weekend I got caught in hands that left me < 500 in chips before the break on multiple tourneys and in in all cases I was able to come back and make it in the top 30% just playing solid poker hands.

Comment

Thanks Cyis - In the last two PSO tournaments I have played I have been a lot more patient and not impulsively called - result is that i got ITM in one and top 200 in other... not only that but I was sub 300 chips at one stage in the one i got ITM but managed to drag myself back.

Patience is the key... I think!

Comment

Just a reminder..try to post your threads in the appropriate forum everyone. This should be in beginners questions or possibly advanced poker discussion. I bring this up for a couple reasons. First, to save our mods work of moving threads around. Second, you will get much better feedback if a topic is in the right forum. Many players do not visit the new members forum looking to answer a question. This forum is generally for new member intros, perhaps for questions on getting started, or any post pertaining to new members. If you posted this in a place where people are already discussing related topics, you'll see a bit more of a response.
        Take care and best o' luck out there.

Comment

Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
          Just a reminder..try to post your threads in the appropriate forum everyone. This should be in beginners questions or possibly advanced poker discussion. I bring this up for a couple reasons. First, to save our mods work of moving threads around. Second, you will get much better feedback if a topic is in the right forum. Many players do not visit the new members forum looking to answer a question. This forum is generally for new member intros, perhaps for questions on getting started, or any post pertaining to new members. If you posted this in a place where people are already discussing related topics, you'll see a bit more of a response.
          Take care and best o' luck out there.
          this IS the beginner's questions forum

lol my bad dan...it's confusing that they have a new players forum and a beginner's questions forum
          Last edited by ketchup143; Tue Mar 22, 2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.