PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

card dead mini-challenge.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• card dead mini-challenge.

In the 22:00 PSO i was ridiculously card dead. To make it even 10x worse, i was sat at a table of ATC pushers, and i had never heard of one of 'em.

i was so card dead and frustrated watching these donks push eachother around with crap hands, I decided to record my hand history for a unique challenge.

the challenge is........A. guess the hands i actually SAW A FLOP with.

B. guess the hands i WON a hand with.

C. guess BOTH of the above.

You can try ONLY option A or B if you want. obviously if u do C, you are doing both A and B.
    got it?

of course i will give you the stats that are always available in a tourney.
    and the stats will give you some obvious hints as to the answers of each option in the challenge.....i have also made some notes in the history that actually give some answers. And......i have already told ya that i was at a table with ALL pushing/ATC/bingo donks.
    And.......as a last hint: I WAS actually trying to get as far as i could in this tourney as to get the least negative points possible or obviously cash (which i didn't).

my current bankroll is a whopping $3.78....all from freerolling..... and pokerstars fixed my account to where i can now transfer and accept transfers.

first person to guess option A wins.....a whopping .50 cents

option B wins....... .25 cents

option C wins........$1.00

only one payment for each option..........as each option is guessed i will say who guessed it and their reply will be in this thread, and that option is done......... and if option C is guessed correctly before A or B is guessed, that person wins the $1.00 and the challenge is over.

post your guesses in this thread as clearly as you can.........stating first which option you are trying.

have fun........i don't think this should be too hard for some of us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    22:00 pso 03/04/11 1,425 entries

STATS
    During current Hold'em session you were dealt 71 hands and saw flop:
    - 3 out of 9 times while in big blind (33%)
    - 1 out of 9 times while in small blind (11%)
    - 5 out of 53 times in other positions (9%)
    - a total of 9 out of 71 (12%)
    Pots won at showdown - 3 of 6 (50%)
    Pots won without showdown - 2

HANDS DEALT
    10s7s BB
    10c6h SB
    2dKc B
    Jh7d
    Ah5h
    8hQs
    10s5c
    3c2h
    10dAc
    6s5s BB
    3hKs SB
    AcAh B
    7c2s
    4c3s
    6h7h
    7d3s
    7c2d
    10d2c BB
    Jc4d SB
    2h7h B
    6h8d
    5cJh
    Qd2d
    Ad2s
    4cKh
    Js6c BB
    9hKh SB
    Ks9c B
    2c3c
    2h10
    3s2d
    KcQc
    6d10c
    AhJh
    As7c BB

BREAK 642 players left / hiphoplives 1,269 chips

5c9c SB
    8dJs B
    Ac2s
    6hJc
    3d7s
    5d3s
    8h9s
    Js4c
    10h9h BB
    4h7d SB
    Jc2c B
    9h6d
    Jd8s
    3h4d
    KhJc
    3d10d BB
    8sJd SB
    4d7c B
    6d3c
    8d3c
    Kh2c
    Ks6c
    9c10s
    7hJs
    7h2c BB - was forced all in with 550 chips and hit Quad 2's .... LOL
    6d3s SB
    7d7c B
    Js9c
    8h8c - busted out 395th place

good luck.
    Last edited by hiphoplives; Sat Mar 05, 2011, 08:57 AM. Reason: added "stats" header

I'll guess option c on 10h 9h in bb......?

Comment

ericlee.......sorry if i didn't make the challenge clear........for option C you are trying to guess ALL the hands i SAW A FLOP with, AND ALL the hands i WON with. the stats should give you the info u need to first get started. hint hint.
      Last edited by hiphoplives; Sat Mar 05, 2011, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hiphoplives View Post
        ericlee.......sorry if i didn't make the challenge clear........for option C you are trying to guess ALL the hands i SAW A FLOP with, AND ALL the hands i WON with. the stats should give you the info u need to first get started. hint hint.
        My head hurts. I'll ship u 2 bucks if you can explain the answers and all your reasoning behind your decisions. Good Luck. -shark

Comment

i thought i made it pretty clear really......i gave u a list of the hands i was dealt, and the stats which pretty much tell ya how many hands i saw the flop with, and how many i won. all u gotta do is guess which ones out of the list provided fit those categories. not many hands at all either.

Comment

So I'm just gonna try and pick A, where you saw the flop, and provide my work as a possible aid to others.

Saw flop 9 times, 3 BB, 1 SB, 5 other.
            You won 3 of 6 at showdown, 2 without showdown.
            So you folded post flop at least once, no more than thrice (don't know if the 2 "won without showdown" were pre or post flop)

BB - saw 3
            1 is 7h2c BB - was forced all in with 550 chips and hit Quad 2's .... LOL
            Others:
            10s7s BB
            6s5s BB
            10d2c BB
            Js6c BB
            As7c BB
            10h9h BB
            3d10d BB

My guesses for 2 and 3 are 6s5s and 10h9h.

SB - saw 1 of
            10c6h SB
            3hKs SB
            5c9c SB
            Jc4d SB
            9hKh SB
            4h7d SB
            8sJd SB
            6d3s SB

My guess is 9hKh

Others - saw 5 of the rest.
            1 is 8h8c - busted out 395th place

Likely hands:

AcAh B
            AhJh
            KcQc
            7d7c B
            I'd call that the top 4 - so that's my guess. Other possibles:

Ah5h
            10dAc
            6h7h
            2h7h B (just kidding - or am I? It is suited on the button . . .)
            Ks9c B
            2c3c
            Jc2c B
            Last edited by uhrren; Sat Mar 05, 2011, 10:56 AM. Reason: fixed false conclusion

Comment

Is this a fastcurves challenge?

Comment

yo

yo mc

lets effin party dude, you still up?

hiccup
                Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

nice job uhhren.........

obviously u understood the challenge, and u have a good problem-solving mind.

you were super close.......

correct: 7h2c (obvious)
                  6s5s
                  10h9h
                  9hKh
                  8h8c (obvious)
                  AcAh
                  AhJh
                  KcQc

u got one guess wrong.......and the right one is in your "other possibilities" list.....

Comment

where is the song????????????????

Comment

Well, if I get another guess . . . prolly one of the hearted hands, A5 or 67. A5 is the first decent hand you saw, but the wheel rolls onto the board so rarely . . . still, that flush opportunity is tempting. Let's go with that. Final answer, final guess - there's a limit to how desperate I'm willing to appear for fiddycent.

If I'm wrong/ineligible, maybe I'll take a stab at the WINNERS. That's right, I said WINNER!

Comment

you got it uhrren............67hearts. fiddy cents for you. well, i guess you were saying A5, but since you were the only to attempt, u win anyways....... pretty solid problem solving skills there.

Comment

roomik...i am still in tampa, decided to stay for the weekend.......when i get back home i will post the song.

Comment

Thanks for the generosity hip - you just covered my 4 failed .10 turbos last night and my .10 tourney at 1:00 PT today.

So, the dollar for both is off the table. .25 for the WINNING hands (when hiphop was a whole man) is still out there. If no one gets it by the time I WIN that 1:00 tourney, I'll be taking a guess.

Kinda odd how hard it is to give money away here . . .

Comment

a "whole" man? what?? lol.....anyways , enjoy the 50 cents...........i thought the challenge was kinda simple, it just took a couple minutes of deductive reasoning to figure it out right?

hell, some of the answers where pretty much given.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.