PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play Better

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Better

I just placed 51 out of 2000 in tourny 409010565 won 50 bucksumbup: proud of myself .Took Poker School's advice for beginners play TIGHT wait for the top hole cards and play them hard .I don't just trust to luck anymore ,love the game will learn position next THANK YOU Poker School. Just had to brag so pleased with myself

I have to agree with you. I have recently improved my game quite a bit. And, honestly, I've improved it by everything you have stated here. Play tight, play premium hole cards, and play it hard. The only thing that I now do in addition, that you didn't list, was not to play silly on the flop. IE: I stopped chasing the river, and I stopped thinking my flopped straight was simply the best hand on the board.

Now, I certainly haven't gained $50, but I have been above a zero balance. And that friend, isn't any of my money! Now it is time for me to find the other holes in my game and cork 'em.

Comment

YEA good advice dont go fishing , it don't PAY . If I have say two hearts dealt and two more drop in the flop I will call a bet so long as the price ain't too high but you are correct I wont try to make a hand IT JUST DON'T WORK . I will learn to PLAY BETTER .I won't play again before I understand position , I will spend the time learning instead of spending my money umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessMyk View Post
        I have to agree with you. I have recently improved my game quite a bit. And, honestly, I've improved it by everything you have stated here. Play tight, play premium hole cards, and play it hard. The only thing that I now do in addition, that you didn't list, was not to play silly on the flop. IE: I stopped chasing the river, and I stopped thinking my flopped straight was simply the best hand on the board.

Now, I certainly haven't gained $50, but I have been above a zero balance. And that friend, isn't any of my money! Now it is time for me to find the other holes in my game and cork 'em.
        What? A flopped straight isn't the best hand in poker. Well I'm currently in tourney #409010693. 70th out of 5800+. if anyone's bored. I'm chip biotch atm, so, may not be in it long. -shark

PS. NM out number 70th. All in w/ AK vs KK and AA's Oh well do better next time. Always tomorrow. GL all.
        Last edited by sharkatack89; Thu Mar 03, 2011, 05:42 AM. Reason: Tourney Update.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.