PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes to the league??..input please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changes to the league??..input please

    Great month last month. It started like a mad dash...then slowed way down... Congrats to taxi128....what a month...what a player....

    Here's my suggestions: Minor 1 first.

    Please put a ...Go to page box, at the bottom of league rank listing page. When I want to see how the bubble page looks, Page 20....I have to go thru 19 pages one at a time to get to the bubble page. I know there are 50 spots per page, so I could find page whatever real easy with a tool like that..

    Also a ranking box next to it.... so I can punch in a ranking number,....like 1152...and I can check by ranking as well as page quick checks....

    just a thought!!

    Now the big one...

    Playing 6 games in a 12 hour span forces those of us who want to play as many as possible, to often times play 2-3 tourneys at a time... Making it tougher to concentrate on one game at a time. I realize it's a level playing field...but this cuts out a lot of people who WORK during the day...In the [(USA)....and a lot of european/eastern bloc players who can't play at night.

    Here's my suggestion. Play 6 games a day, every 4 hours.....like , 0400, 0800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400,.... and even possibly change it every week to start up an hour or back an hour..

    ie,,,one week start it at 0400, next week start it at 0500, next week start it at 0600... This would give more time slots to play....with more time to play those slots.... I realize i only sleep 3-4 hours a day...but I think we are cutting out a lot of players by slamming 6 games into 12 hours AND not getting their best play because they are in 2-3 tourneys at the same time....

    just a thought.... whatchathink??

  • #2
    timezones

    I realize that time zones also fiugre into it....but giving us more time to play a tourney...would help us all!

    Comment


    • #3
      firstly gratz to taxi many times i have spoke to hima nd seated with him he is a very solid player and one of the most polite you'll see knock him out with trash or a lucky river he will still apreciate your hand and offer his luck

      secondly great idea for the jump to page it is friggin annoying scrolling through 50 players at a time the rank idea is a good one also

      thirdly its just impossible to adjust the psos to suit everyone at any given time between myself and the usa time diff is 6 hours so further a field it could b more so i dont see how they could re adjust it

      my thougts

      ant

      Comment


      • #4
        dont play 2 in a row if they overlap. if im making a run in a tourney, and have been playing for a few hours, i dont register for the next pso since im a bit fatigued, ready for a break from poker

        also, the times u suggested, would mean i would only be able to play in 2 per day, max

        Comment


        • #5
          thanks soda

          Thanks for the input...and also...congrats to you soda on last month....I enjoy playing against you...always a good fight.

          Part of my reason for spreading out league play...is so we/I can play more cash games as well to keep our active status and play for real money. I am still a donkey but I am really trying to excell and improve my game.....

          Comment


          • #6
            how to "jump" pages...

            When you are on a certain page of the leaderboard, if you look at ur address bar you should see at the end of the current address, the page number that you are on. Simply change this number and voila! yes the box at the bottom would be easier but till then try this. It works.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GENERAL_GEO View Post
              I realize that time zones also fiugre into it....but giving us more time to play a tourney...would help us all!
              I say run one tourney every 2 - 3 hours....so 8 - 12 tourneys per day...especially for us nightowls that are stuck in the wee hours with no PSO.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree about the navigation on the leaderboard. Could be a lot easier to use.

                There is, though, a shortcut that might help in the meantime. The leaderboard web pages have an address that looks like this:

                http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/lea...erboard?page=1

                Edit the page number on the end to find any numbered page you want. You just have to remember the first page is unnumbered (effectively page zero), so the second page is page1 and so on.

                (eg the 20th page - places 951-1000 - will be "page=19")

                Comment


                • #9
                  yea some games late at night would be grrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaatttttttt.....ala tony the tiger lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GENERAL_GEO View Post
                    Great month last month. It started like a mad dash...then slowed way down... Congrats to taxi128....what a month...what a player....

                    Here's my suggestions: Minor 1 first.

                    Please put a ...Go to page box, at the bottom of league rank listing page. When I want to see how the bubble page looks, Page 20....I have to go thru 19 pages one at a time to get to the bubble page. I know there are 50 spots per page, so I could find page whatever real easy with a tool like that..

                    Also a ranking box next to it.... so I can punch in a ranking number,....like 1152...and I can check by ranking as well as page quick checks....

                    just a thought!!

                    Now the big one...

                    Playing 6 games in a 12 hour span forces those of us who want to play as many as possible, to often times play 2-3 tourneys at a time... Making it tougher to concentrate on one game at a time. I realize it's a level playing field...but this cuts out a lot of people who WORK during the day...In the [(USA)....and a lot of european/eastern bloc players who can't play at night.

                    Here's my suggestion. Play 6 games a day, every 4 hours.....like , 0400, 0800, 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400,.... and even possibly change it every week to start up an hour or back an hour..

                    ie,,,one week start it at 0400, next week start it at 0500, next week start it at 0600... This would give more time slots to play....with more time to play those slots.... I realize i only sleep 3-4 hours a day...but I think we are cutting out a lot of players by slamming 6 games into 12 hours AND not getting their best play because they are in 2-3 tourneys at the same time....

                    just a thought.... whatchathink??

                    in the url in search bar just change the number at the end of url to jump to a specific page

                    as for your suggestion of playing at different times please see my post in sticky "suggestions"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks all for the help with navagating to a specific page on the leader board. I assume pso won't change times or, heaven forbid, add more tourneys to allow for 24 hr action, but they are good suggestions. Thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GENERAL_GEO View Post
                        Thanks all for the help with navagating to a specific page on the leader board. I assume pso won't change times or, heaven forbid, add more tourneys to allow for 24 hr action, but they are good suggestions. Thanks

                        24 HOURS????!!!!!! Oh sweet Amarillo Slim I don't even want to think about that..........

                        You're hereby demoted to Colonel for even planting that little seed in their heads.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Moxie, Do I have to give up my silver star too??

                          How is Gladys??...which Pip are you??

                          lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GENERAL_GEO View Post
                            Moxie, Do I have to give up my silver star too??

                            How is Gladys??...which Pip are you??

                            lol

                            LMAO Finally!!!!!!!!! After 7 months someone breaks the ice and throws the Gladys Knight and the Pips shot at me. LOL am frankly embarassed for the rest of you donks that it took so long.

                            Nicely played Geo. Your rank is restored in my eyes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                              LMAO Finally!!!!!!!!! After 7 months someone breaks the ice and throws the Gladys Knight and the Pips shot at me. LOL am frankly embarassed for the rest of you donks that it took so long. Nicely played Geo. Your rank is restored in my eyes.
                              I THOUGHT BY NOW THAT HAD BEEN DONE TO DEATH SO NEVER RAISED IT umbup:umbup:
                              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.