PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March's FastCurves Poker Challenge--

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March's FastCurves Poker Challenge--

Because such interest was inspired by the FastCurves Challenge in February, it seems only fitting to issue it once more in March... For those few people who don't remember the Challenge:
    Originally posted by tazz864 View Post
    The majority of the players here at PSO are looking for excitement in their online poker experience... Well, my friends, that is exactly what awaits you if you have the intestinal (and gastric--) fortitude to undertake Tazz's FastCurve Poker Challenge.
    I'm sure everyone is in awe of those who inhabit the front page of the PSO Leaderboard. I, myself would like to extend my congratulations. But I have sensed the boredom in many posts, with the leaders who are just running WFO (in Grand Prix terms, and perhaps NASCAR, Wide F'in Open) to the end of the month.
    That's where the Fast Curves Poker Challenge comes in. The object is to achieve a 20k place change within one month of competition.
    Now I hear people murmuring, 'But Tazz, that's impossible, no one can effect that dramatic a change.' WRONG! I, myself, accomplished that very feat. On January 11th, I was in the money. (i.e. the top 1000) I then looked up the lowest (or is that highest? The Worst...) ranked player and mimicked his play, or lack thereof. I used some of the reading techniques I have learned at PSO to determine which hands could beat my holdings, and then bet into them... By January 19th, I was at 1418 points: in 11,726th place... I then did a 180 for the remaining 12 days and finished at 1616.93 pts. and 1627th place (pending the 2200 pm results, which are positive points--) Now I'm sure some of y'all are better at math than me, but I believe that's >20k in position displacement....

Yeah. This was boring last month.

How about you do something interesting like give me odds against you taking down 1st or 2nd place?

Comment

Basic Rules....

Now before things get off-topic and/or out of control, some explanations and clarifications are in order:
      If you are wondering "why, what's the point?,' consult the Original Post.
      If you are contemplating just dumping chips, that is not in the spirit of the FastCurves Challenge.
      Apparently, it was not made clear that one should be placed in the money (top 1000) when the number of PSOers who have competed in a PSO league game reaches 10,000.
      If you have no intention to post anything positive or constructive, don't agree with the premise, or are not posting your progress; perhaps it would be a good idea to post elsewhere. As an alternative, you could suggest a different challenge in your own thread.
      If you don't start none, there won't be none.

Im just saying
      Last edited by tazz864; Tue Mar 01, 2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I wonder if someone is paying tazz to initiate this challenge in order to improve their chances at winning in the league.

If so, I give them credit for the most creative form of angle-shooting I've seen before. I imagine that's not the case, but I just love conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by mcrissinger View Post
          Yeah. This was boring last month.

How about you do something interesting like give me odds against you taking down 1st or 2nd place?
          Please consult forum rules and take your brilliant idea to another thread...
          If you need help, I'll ship you a quarter and you can call somebody that cares...

Im just sayin

Comment

Now before things get off-topic and/or out of control, some explanations and clarifications are in order:
            If you are wondering "why, what's the point?,' consult the Original Post.
            If you are contemplating just dumping chips, that is not in the spirit of the FastCurves Challenge.
            Apparently, it was not made clear that one should be placed in the money (top 1000) when the number of PSOers who have competed in a PSO league game reaches 10,000.
            If you have no intention to post anything positive or constructive, don't agree with the premise, or are not posting your progress; perhaps it would be a good idea to post elsewhere. As an alternative, you could suggest a different challenge in your own thread.
            If you don't start none, there won't be none.

Im just saying
            Why do you get to dictate who can respond to your threads? I don't report to you.

However, I do find this "challenge" kinda boring and pointless. It is totally on topic to say so IN THIS THREAD.

Comment

Why do you get to dictate who can respond to your threads? I don't report to you.

However, I do find this "challenge" kinda boring and pointless. It is totally on topic to say so IN THIS THREAD.
              Wow, not even a 1/2 hour old and look at all the responses...
              How un-boring is that??

Comment

How dare you disrupt this thread with facts!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Please consult forum rules and take your brilliant idea to another thread...
                  If you need help, I'll ship you a quarter and you can call somebody that cares...

Im just sayin
                  Check the forum rules for what? I'm very interested in why you think I should..

Also. Do phone calls actually cost a quarter where you live?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Why do you get to dictate who can respond to your threads?
                    No one dictates WHO can respond. Nor do I dictate HOW one can respond. Decorum, etiquette, and class dictate that.

I'm just sayin

Comment

Check the forum rules for what? I'm very interested in why you think I should..

Also. Do phone calls actually cost a quarter where you live?
                      I think he's calling you out for rudeness. And I am always looking for pay phones around my hometown. They just gone disappeared over the past few years!

Comment

Wow, not even a 1/2 hour old and look at all the responses...
                        How un-boring is that??
                        Yo, I said this challenge was boring last month. Not this thread...

This thread is going to be all sorts of not boring.

Comment

hmmm

could everyone that thinks tazz's challenge is a good learning tool, or thinks he not off his rocker.

please reply and back him up,

cheers

p.s. l will stay up and wait for my next warning............hiccup
                          Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                            I think he's calling you out for rudeness. And I am always looking for pay phones around my hometown. They just gone disappeared over the past few years!
                            Well, I wasn't rude... Also, there's nothing in the forum rules that says anything about being "rude."

So... Yeah. I'm just replying to tazz and his semi-vaguely poker related forum topics, which is perfectly within the forum rules that he directed me to look at.

Now, when it comes to the rule about topics/posts that "are not constructive in their statements and opinions..." Well, that is subject to opinion.

Tazz, best of luck to you on the poker tables, and best of luck getting people to take your goofy challenge.

See? I'm a nice guy.

hiccup.

Comment

Well, I wasn't rude... Also, there's nothing in the forum rules that says anything about being "rude." So... Yeah. I'm just replying to tazz and his semi-vaguely poker related forum topics, which is perfectly within the forum rules that he directed me to look at. Now, when it comes to the rule about topics/posts that "are not constructive in their statements and opinions..." Well, that is subject to opinion. Tazz, best of luck to you on the poker tables, and best of luck getting people to take your goofy challenge. See? I'm a nice guy. hiccup.
                              SO WHO SAYS AN OPINION IS CONSTRUCTIVE OR NOT ??? CUZ SOMETIMES IN MY OPINION I SHOULD SLOW PLAY POCKET JACKS AND SOMETIMES MY OPINION TELLS ME TO GO ALL IN SO WHAT IS RIGHT ???? umbup:umbup:
                              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.