PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Pokerstars work on the I-Pad or Samsung Galaxy Tab?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Pokerstars work on the I-Pad or Samsung Galaxy Tab?

I am thinking about getting one of those gadgets, and I was wondering if anybody had ever played PokerStars on it? I assume the software will work on them? Any advice or tips?

Thanks,

I inquired with PS regarding this a couple of months ago and was informed that the PS does not have an app for iPads or other tablets due to interface and security issues that the current programming does not support.

Hopefully sometime in the future they'll offer it. How cool would it be to have the conveniene and touch interface...

Comment

I've played poker on the iPad through a VNC app connecting to my desktop, it works great for those times when I can't be at my desk. It works even better on Pokerstars now that they have the single-click focus option so you don't have to click twice on a table to give it focus anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by IroncladMerc View Post
        I've played poker on the iPad through a VNC app connecting to my desktop, it works great for those times when I can't be at my desk. It works even better on Pokerstars now that they have the single-click focus option so you don't have to click twice on a table to give it focus anymore.

Hi Merc I have been thinking about this also but was told it didn't work and I was waiting anyway for the Playbook to come out from Blackberry.

But the IPAD 2 is coming out soon I hear - how much was the VNC app that u are using?
        And it sounds like that sends what you are running to the ipad so are you able to multitable?

Not the the most tech savvy guy so thanks for bearing with me.

Comment

The iPad2 comes out March 11, do we know if it will work?

Comment

It will work with VNC. So you run Pokerstars on your PC, have a VNC server running (free, TightVNC is a good one). And then I use Mocha VNC Lite on the iPad (also free) to connect to my PC. It sends a picture of your PC screen to the iPad, and you use the touch screen to click instead of using the mouse.

Works great.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.