PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

take note- concentration is off huge importanc!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take note- concentration is off huge importanc!!

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=4901DD775B

so i was busy chatting away i lost all attention and shot myself in the head!!

Yeah that was a terrible river card. I did something similar last night in a cash game, hit my straight but the other guy hit his nut straight... and I wasn't really concentrating on the hand and got myself stacked. When your not concentrating sometimes you don't even notice there are potential better made hands. Concentration and confidence is key!!!

Oh and bet more on the turn next time theres too many draws!

Comment

that hurts been there done that. but when that Js hit i dont think he was going to fold no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by bahmani381 View Post
        that hurts been there done that. but when that Js hit i dont think he was going to fold no matter what.
        Thats fine! Get it in while your way ahead, not once your 100% beat. Can't play results oriented.

Comment

thanks guys i will actually take not of the turn draw bet for future reference umbup:umbup: what is a guy to do when a lady is trying to speak though?

Comment

Originally posted by antlovesang1 View Post
            thanks guys i will actually take not of the turn draw bet for future reference umbup:umbup: what is a guy to do when a lady is trying to speak though?
            Nod and agree. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by ssuglia View Post
              Originally posted by antlovesang1 View Post
              Nod and agree. umbup:
              Notice he didn't say anything about listening?.... problem solved.

Comment

i was watching not listening :P

Comment

Hand replayed

In my nature to learn, did you feel you played the hand wrong? and where? not raising more preflop or not raising more at the turn? I would have expected the AK suited to raise more at the preflop where as with small pockets I tend to be more cautious. Please let me know as in my "inexperience" I really didnt see you play the hand wrong except I have noticed when someone calls all in at the river generally they have the nuts.
                  cheers The hamster
                  Would really appreciate input.

Comment

hey hamster basically i had my back turned lack of attention

as for the hand as soon as the turn comes comes a second spade with his snap call on the flop we assume he has paired the board or holding to suited cards

my bet on the flop is weak as for the river i fold to a re raise had i given 100% attention

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.