PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash games Vs. SnG's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash games Vs. SnG's?

Can anyone recommend the best poker game format to start playing for real cash?

Pros and cons??

Many thanks in advance.

whats your bankroll? the best way to build it is cash games, I prefer sitngos and tourneys myself, but the variance is greater... The .25 sitngoes are relatively soft and you can make some good money at them umbup:

Comment

Thanks.

About £70 ($108). its not alot but its a start.

I see myself having to do the time in the lower stakes,n then move up, or quit!

Comment

cash table's! the blinds stay the same, so you just raise good hands/ fold bad ones. i sit back watch a movie (or hulu) on one side of the screen and keep 2 tables open on the other. if you play at the same time's every day you will start to run into the regular's and learn their play quickly so be sure to make notes on them. sit n go's are okay, but ive quickly replaced them with large multi table tournaments. so now im playing cash tables and tourney's exclusively. you've got more money in you account than me so i think you'll do okay umbup: good luck.

Comment

i would start with $1 sit and gos and see how you go from there. stick to good bankroll management and you should be fine. play a 27 player sng and if you get first you'll multiply your buy in by 10. few players run so well that they can do that in a cash game. consider FL for cash games, good way to see a lot of hands cheaply.

Comment

If you want to try cash tables, start at 1-2 cent NL micro stake. Play that for a while and if your feeling good and showing a profit go ahead and try 2-5cent NL. Absolutely do not go any higher in the cash game limits with your bankroll though.

I'd rather not comment on SNG's or MTT's, but those can be good formats to play if that is your style. They have reasonable options available at your bankroll as well.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.