PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Thank you...

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you...

    I just want to say thanks for all those who have been asking about my shoulder and my step-dad. I think if it weren't for this league right now I would really be going out of my mind. Playing in the league has allowed me to direct my focus elsewhere. But, for those that are interested here are the updates....

    The shoulder will hopefully be operated on by the end of the month. I have to undergo an EMG on monday to make sure I didn't do any damage to the brachial plexus nerve. I then go back to the doctors on March 7th for the results and to schedule the surgery.

    As for my step-dad, I'll start from the beginning.

    He just went back to work recently after having rotator cuff surgery back in October. On Tuesday morning it was snowing when he went into work. There was only himself and the guard in the guardshack. When he went to his tractor he slipped and fell between the gas tank and tire, hitting his head in the process and knocking himself unconscious. When he came to he got in his tractor and called my mom telling her to come to his job, he didn't feel right and that he had fallen. She called an ambulance which arrived around the same time she did. At this point they realized he had suffered a heart attack and was rushed to the nearest hospital and straight into surgery. The hospital was able to place a shunt into the one artery, but couldn't work on the other artery that was 99% blocked. They also had to place a pump to pump his heart because it was not beating properly. Also from being outside passed out in the cold for so long, when he arrived at the hospital his body temperature was around 91 degrees. After surgery, we were told that he needed to be transferred to another hospital that was more equipped to deal with the other blockage, but that they needed to stabilize him as best they could before the transfer. They also had him on two blood thinners due to numerous blood clots and three other medications to bring his blood pressure and body temperature up.

    They were finally able to transfer him to the other hospital later in the day. He was spitting up large amounts of blood due to the blood thinners, but they couldn't stop them. Yesterday there was no change at all.During the night though they had to give him a unit of blood since he was losing too much from the other situation.

    Today they removed the one balloon catheter and were hoping to remove the other, haven't heard anything so I am assuming they didn't. They had to stop all the blood thinners and switched him to aspirin. They are hoping to be able to do the surgery on the other artery earlier next week at the earliest. They still have him in coronary intensive care so he is not out of the woods yet. Hope to know more tomorrow when my mom goes back up for the day.

    So, if I seem a bit aloof while playing you know why. Just trying to keep my wits about me and play a good game while not going into a stress frenzy.

    Again, thanks to all who have been asking.

    AKA Faery Tits

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.