PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Hard to get Silver Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Hard to get Silver Status

Man I felt I've been playing alot and I'm still 500 FPPs away from silver status... I have only ever had Silver Status once in all the years I've played on stars...
    Now I know part of the problem is I only play 4 tables max, and lately one of those tables is a PSO league game. Is there any other strategy that might help me make it to Silver.. I know I wont get 500 points the rest of this week, but looking for future months.

Other problem is play time will be cut down shortly about to be heading back to work sometime next month.. Oh and my bankroll is only around $70 Was $170 but yup. poor bankroll mgt, trying some $5- $11 tourneys. Have started getting used to the 50/50s since the DON's are vanishing soon. Guess winning $3 in a $5 50/50 is better than 5 hours and just doubling in a MTT.. In the mix of the 50/50s Ive been starting to practice more MTT sngs. 18 and 27 persons.
    Would like to try take a run at Battle of Planets points. I'm a decent single table SNG player. But it wont get me on the board playing 20 of those... And I have never played 100 sngs in a week before. So don't see that happening.

Good Luck all...
    Drew300

Originally posted by Drew300 View Post
    Man I felt I've been playing alot and I'm still 500 FPPs away from silver status... I have only ever had Silver Status once in all the years I've played on stars...
    Now I know part of the problem is I only play 4 tables max, and lately one of those tables is a PSO league game. Is there any other strategy that might help me make it to Silver.. I know I wont get 500 points the rest of this week, but looking for future months.

Other problem is play time will be cut down shortly about to be heading back to work sometime next month.. Oh and my bankroll is only around $70 Was $170 but yup. poor bankroll mgt, trying some $5- $11 tourneys. Have started getting used to the 50/50s since the DON's are vanishing soon. Guess winning $3 in a $5 50/50 is better than 5 hours and just doubling in a MTT.. In the mix of the 50/50s Ive been starting to practice more MTT sngs. 18 and 27 persons.
    Would like to try take a run at Battle of Planets points. I'm a decent single table SNG player. But it wont get me on the board playing 20 of those... And I have never played 100 sngs in a week before. So don't see that happening.

Good Luck all...
    Drew300
    For me. Cash 6 max limit. .5/1 should get u there fast especially if you are 3 tabling. I don't do NL. So, don't know what to tell u if you only play NL. But, I'm sure someone will. -shark

Comment

Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
      For me. Cash 6 max limit. .5/1 should get u there fast especially if you are 3 tabling. I don't do NL. So, don't know what to tell u if you only play NL. But, I'm sure someone will. -shark
      shark is right here drew...tourneys are not the way to go to accumulate vpps. I dont have the bankroll to play .5/1 but I do play 2 tables of .05/.10 plo8 for my vpps.. you can reach 100 hands around 45 minutes and thats good for around 10 vpps.

but no matter what, ring games are the way to go for vpps and not the .01/.02 they take too long to add up...what you should do is perfom a test of your own.

first check your vpp level.

then join 2 tables of your choice. make sure under the status button on the chat box that the number of hands played is at 0 if not click the reset button.

when you reach 100 hands (the counter will acount for the number of hands played at all tables of the same game) .

then close out both tables. go to the cashier and recheck your vpps level. this will give you an average rate of vpps per 100 hands at which ever stake youre playing.

double the stakes, double the rate of vpps earned.

you can still make silver star but you will have to play about 6 hours a day at the level I play.

good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
        6 max limit hold-em is a good game for VPP acquisition, but on a $70 bankroll .10/.20 is about as high as you can go without a big risk of busting. The reason 6 max limit makes the big VPP's is more hands per hour and more action per hand. Also, the amount of VPP paid to each player at the table is more than at full ring table, if all seats are occupied. Other six max games might have the same characteristics. FWIW, I have been maintaining gold star status with a steady diet of .25/.50 and .5/1 six max limit with some .2/.4 8 game thrown in for variety.
        Last edited by DLeviathan; Thu Feb 24, 2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VERDUGO77 View Post
          Not exactly, but pretty close. The VPP award is based on the rake paid in the hand. The rate of rake per BB decreases slightly as limits increase, and decreases dramatically at the highest limits. I earn the same amount of VPP's in about 600 hands of .5/1 as I do in 1000 hands of .25/.50.

Comment

Nice info here guys. Much clearer than I've seen it presented before. Good work Shark, Verd, and Levi. umbup:

Comment

I need to learn how to play limit. Back to the PSO courses. umbup: Anyone know any good FLHE learning resources? I actually have no idea how to play and want to get lots of info in before I try it. Books, articles, websites... Daniel Negreanu has refused to tutor me, so I'm gonna have to learn the slow way.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                I need to learn how to play limit. Back to the PSO courses. umbup: Anyone know any good FLHE learning resources? I actually have no idea how to play and want to get lots of info in before I try it. Books, articles, websites... Daniel Negreanu has refused to tutor me, so I'm gonna have to learn the slow way.
                No need to learn. Just play. PM me tho before you do. j/k. Advanced Hold'em by Skalansky. Super Tag System. Use to think it was too far for me. but, since I changed up. My results have actually averaged out more overall playing super aggressive. Love it, can't wait to get into full swing. Will need one more decent top board finish in PSO to get to BR req's tho. -shark gl to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by DLeviathan View Post
                  Not exactly, but pretty close. The VPP award is based on the rake paid in the hand. The rate of rake per BB decreases slightly as limits increase, and decreases dramatically at the highest limits. I earn the same amount of VPP's in about 600 hands of .5/1 as I do in 1000 hands of .25/.50.
                  cool. yeah I did mean that in a round about way, you now give or take some...guess I should have stated that but...thanks for clarifying...
                  the info I got was from testing .02/.05 and .05/.10. I guess I should have stated that also.

I need 66 more vpps for feb to get silverstar...and I have slacked the last few days cause i know I can hit that easy...but...I'll be back up there...good luck every one...

Comment

Originally posted by Drew300 View Post
                    Man I felt I've been playing alot and I'm still 500 FPPs away from silver status...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME YOU MADE A TYPO.

You need VPPS. We have enough members running around telling everyone and their cousin that its Fpps that are needed. Posts like this only reinforces that belief.

Comment

If you're bronze, don't you get 1 FPP for every 1 VPP? So, if the guy is only 500 FPP's away, if he's spent any FPP's, he might actually be closer than that in actual VPP's. So, no big deal.

Comment

I use this site for a rough gauge of how many tables I need to play,its not bad!
                        Its a estimate since we all play a little mor Lag or Tag.

http://fpppro.com/how-many-hours-calculator.php

Comment

I don't know how this compares, but it is probably useful, too.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/calculator/

Comment

Originally posted by VERDUGO77 View Post
                            shark is right here drew...tourneys are not the way to go to accumulate vpps. I dont have the bankroll to play .5/1 but I do play 2 tables of .05/.10 plo8 for my vpps.. you can reach 100 hands around 45 minutes and thats good for around 10 vpps.

but no matter what, ring games are the way to go for vpps and not the .01/.02 they take too long to add up...what you should do is perfom a test of your own.

first check your vpp level.

then join 2 tables of your choice. make sure under the status button on the chat box that the number of hands played is at 0 if not click the reset button.

when you reach 100 hands (the counter will acount for the number of hands played at all tables of the same game) .

then close out both tables. go to the cashier and recheck your vpps level. this will give you an average rate of vpps per 100 hands at which ever stake youre playing.

you can still make silver star but you will have to play about 6 hours a day at the level I play.

good luck...
                            Thanks Verdug.

That is gret to know... I personally hate ring tables. cause all the hard work can be gone in one stupid hand.... I have gotten better. And I do know there is money to be won there.. I may give it a shot..

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                              PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME YOU MADE A TYPO.

You need VPPS. We have enough members running around telling everyone and their cousin that its Fpps that are needed. Posts like this only reinforces that belief.

Yes sorry used to calling them Frequent Player Points lol... It is VPP's

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.