PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyday Idols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyday Idols

I just sat next to a guy while playing a $5 MTT who was doing pretty well. He and I were pretty much neck-and-neck for table lead (funny how often I get chips leads but don't cash) I eventually looked up what tables he was at, and I saw that he was tabling four at once, including a rebuy where he was in the top 5 out of a pretty big field. I looked him up on oprankings, and the guy has made about $30,000 online, and is rated in the top 99th percentile of players online.

Sadly, he took two consecutive harsh beats and then went out in a straight-over-straight confrontation, but it was pretty great to have seen the guy play. I just hope that I can someday be like that, and make a nice amount of money playing poker.
    Last edited by PanickyPoker; Thu Feb 24, 2011, 06:02 PM. Reason: garmmars

I took a second look, and those were the guy's winning at PS alone. He apparently started playing at PS ten months ago, and has quickly increased his winnings every month. Most of his $30,000 were made in the past four months. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
      I took a second look, and those were the guy's winning at PS alone. He apparently started playing at PS ten months ago, and has quickly increased his winnings every month. Most of his $30,000 were made in the past four months. Crazy.
      Sigh, I want to be that guy. -shark

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.