PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Million Celebration - $5,000,000 Guarantee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sunday Million Celebration - $5,000,000 Guarantee

    Have you guys heard about the Sunday Million on March 6th? It's the fifth anniversary of the Sunday Million, and PS is putting up a guaranteed five million dollars, plus other prizes, to pump up the event. I know the $215 entry fee is pretty steep for most, but there are plenty of satellites feeding in.

    It seems like it'll be a pretty great event, and I think I'll try satelliting in. I'd like to hear what the rest of the forum thinks about the event, and if anyone is planning on entering.

  • #2
    wow, sounds great I will try to satty in to get a ticket umbup:, then promptly cash it out

    Comment


    • #3
      Dang, you guys are quicker than me this morning. Turn $1 into $1 Million!!!!

      Check out the details here:

      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...y-anniversary/

      Comment


      • #4
        I just did the mental math, and I think PS must be expecting at least 25,000 players in the thing, because, deducting entry fees, I'm pretty sure that's how many they'd need to pay off the prize pool. And that's not even including the car. It's like three WSOP Main Events rolled into one, and then some. PS certainly isn't lacking in ambition.

        I love practicing navigation of large fields, and this looks like a rare opportunity. If I can afford it, I'm thinking I might just straight up have some of my spare cash cover this one.

        Sorry to steal your thunder, ericnnancy.
        Last edited by PanickyPoker; Thu Feb 24, 2011, 05:13 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ericnnancy View Post
          Dang, you guys are quicker than me this morning. Turn $1 into $1 Million!!!!

          Check out the details here:

          http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...y-anniversary/
          Wow, just look at this satty. 1 hour to complete w/ 1000 seats on the line. It's going to be a crazy tourney. For those who enjoy a slower paced tourney. Try the 100 seat guarantee'd on the Saturday prior to Sunday Million. This is the one I'll be trying for. Tho, if I get lucky enough to win the tix. I may once again, just cash it out. I need a sat that forces me to buy in to Sunday Million. Just too big a buy in for me to justify. Not to mention the field size and strength. We'll have to see. She yall there. GL to ya Paniky, and Eric. -shark

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
            wow, sounds great I will try to satty in to get a ticket umbup:, then promptly cash it out
            If you dont have the balls to win big or go home then why even play poker? maybe you should play solitaire instead? no offense but playing 25 cent sngs your whole life will get you no where....

            Comment


            • #7
              Cashing out the small profits instead of risking them on longshots isn't bad. It might not get televised commentators saying your name very often, but it can still yield profits. And I have heard of people playing satellites professionally. I don't know any personally, but it's doable.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ericlee1984 View Post
                If you dont have the balls to win big or go home then why even play poker? maybe you should play solitaire instead? no offense but playing 25 cent sngs your whole life will get you no where....
                who the hell are you? and what do you know of me? ohh thats right your the guy who lost $60 in 34 sitngoes lol go troll elsewhere

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ericlee1984 View Post
                  If you dont have the balls to win big or go home then why even play poker? maybe you should play solitaire instead? no offense but playing 25 cent sngs your whole life will get you no where....
                  There's this thing called bankroll management... Read up on it sometime, then try again. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ssuglia View Post
                    There's this thing called bankroll management... Read up on it sometime, then try again. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                    which is all fine and dandy but if you win a sunday mil ticket why not shoot for the moon? i mean its not like the 215 came outa your wallets, you won a sat for god sakes use the ticket

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ssuglia View Post
                      There's this thing called bankroll management... Read up on it sometime, then try again. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      Originally posted by ericlee1984 View Post
                      which is all fine and dandy but if you win a sunday mil ticket why not shoot for the moon? i mean its not like the 215 came outa your wallets, you won a sat for god sakes use the ticket
                      I have some sympathy with this opinion. There's nothing wrong with making the odd exception. You're most unlikely to make a really big score unless you do.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ericlee1984 View Post
                        which is all fine and dandy but if you win a sunday mil ticket why not shoot for the moon? i mean its not like the 215 came outa your wallets, you won a sat for god sakes use the ticket
                        Hey eric, I understand where ya coming from. But, might want to tone down you're post just a tad. I'm just recalling when you told me to get a job, cuz my girl supported me during my poker re-start. I was a little put off by that post also. Just let it slide cause some ppl are just like that. You have no idea of the history between my girl and I. So, making blanket remarks will only get you burnt in this forum. I'm just sayin.... As for the Go Big, or Go Home. ( I love that saying) I for one am also going to cash a tix whenever possible. I'd cash a WSOP main event tix if they'd let me. I understand your desire to win big. I admire it, and hope you can realize your dreams. But, to belittle some one for showing good bankroll management skills will only get you criticism on the forums. I for one would need a 20K playing bankroll on stars alone to attempt to take regular shots at the Sunday Million. Not saying I won't try to sat in sometimes. I'm trying for the one on the 6th as, that would be cool. But, I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars of my hard earned bank roll on a long shot. Shoot, if I win a tix, I may just cash it out also. Play more 40K daily. Don't know yet. Good thing they don't let you cash out WSOP main event tix. So, that will force me to win the millions. Good Luck to ya, and nothing I said to you was out of spite or meant to be hurtful. Just wanted to let you know how I felt. -shark

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
                          Hey eric, I understand where ya coming from. But, might want to tone down you're post just a tad. I'm just recalling when you told me to get a job, cuz my girl supported me during my poker re-start. I was a little put off by that post also. Just let it slide cause some ppl are just like that. You have no idea of the history between my girl and I. So, making blanket remarks will only get you burnt in this forum. I'm just sayin.... As for the Go Big, or Go Home. ( I love that saying) I for one am also going to cash a tix whenever possible. I'd cash a WSOP main event tix if they'd let me. I understand your desire to win big. I admire it, and hope you can realize your dreams. But, to belittle some one for showing good bankroll management skills will only get you criticism on the forums. I for one would need a 20K playing bankroll on stars alone to attempt to take regular shots at the Sunday Million. Not saying I won't try to sat in sometimes. I'm trying for the one on the 6th as, that would be cool. But, I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars of my hard earned bank roll on a long shot. Shoot, if I win a tix, I may just cash it out also. Play more 40K daily. Don't know yet. Good thing they don't let you cash out WSOP main event tix. So, that will force me to win the millions. Good Luck to ya, and nothing I said to you was out of spite or meant to be hurtful. Just wanted to let you know how I felt. -shark
                          touche buddy....sorry umbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I will try and win a tix maybe 2
                            But to all the guys who cash em , well done for winning it in the 1st place
                            If I win 1 its debatable if I cash it or not
                            Thinking about it I probably would
                            Maybe not , might make a name for myself lol

                            It's a worry

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by spike8998 View Post
                              I will try and win a tix maybe 2
                              But to all the guys who cash em , well done for winning it in the 1st place
                              If I win 1 its debatable if I cash it or not
                              Thinking about it I probably would
                              Maybe not , might make a name for myself lol

                              It's a worry
                              Give me worry's like that any day of the week. Twice on sunday's please.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.