PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Join Me On Mars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Join Me On Mars

    Just started my low orbit voyage of Mars (tourney #368111707). I'm going to play a group of twenty $3.40 27-player S$Gs. Only need to win six of them to be competitve for the low orbit cash. Come join me.

  • #2
    Good luck..I was debating making a run as well,but I play the 9man KOs when I do this.
    Seems to be easier to get points.Might just be more catered to my style,who knows.

    Comment


    • #3
      I just might umbup: anyways good luck fishy

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
        Just started my low orbit voyage of Mars (tourney #368111707). I'm going to play a group of twenty $3.40 27-player S$Gs. Only need to win six of them to be competitve for the low orbit cash. Come join me.

        If you are playing this set. The last thing I want to do is come join ya.

        1. You'll beat the crap outta me.
        2. If I beat you, you'll follow me around complaining
        3. Don't see ya around my posts much. Been busy I guess.

        PS Good Luck to ya. I'm gonna go for the same one one of these days. Still tough due to the .40 cent rake. But, better than the .20 for $1 SnG's. -shark

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
          Just started my low orbit voyage of Mars (tourney #368111707). I'm going to play a group of twenty $3.40 27-player S$Gs. Only need to win six of them to be competitve for the low orbit cash. Come join me.
          what's a low orbit voyage of Mars?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by blindmice123 View Post
            what's a low orbit voyage of Mars?
            It's when cats chase mice around in circles til the catch them.

            Comment


            • #7
              I crashed and burned--only 336 points.

              Comment


              • #8
                It is really sad when somebody asks a serious question and gets jerked around by the rest. Not to worry, I sent the guy a PM that explains it.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Cairn. I'm assuming you sent the mouse (she's a she btw) this:

                  http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

                  I'm not that good at multi-tabling and I did twenty S&Gs all at once, so I couldn't post. I had just enough time after they finished to toss up a quick blurb as to how they ended (had other obligations).

                  You are right shark, I've been a bit busy. Thanks for the good humor. Regarding your other point, I'm thinking rake doesn't matter. I'll gladly pay a higher rake for a higher win rate.

                  I landed in PSO because I trashed my bankroll and needed a place to rebuild without depositing. Now, I am trying to find a place to grind. The Cowboy inspired me to try the $0.25 45 players, but they are a dead end. After the $1.20s, not enough of them go off to make it worth it. I was in the $5.50 27 players, but took some hits and decided to drop down to the $3.40s.

                  Anyway, the point I'm getting to is if I end up with a higher win rate in the $3.40s I'll won't mind paying the rake. I know for sure, the $3.40s are a better EV for me than the $0.25s with no rake. And the $0.25 are a better EV for me than the PSO free tourneys.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
                    Thanks Cairn. I'm assuming you sent the mouse (she's a she btw) this:


                    You are right shark, I've been a bit busy. Thanks for the good humor. Regarding your other point, I'm thinking rake doesn't matter. I'll gladly pay a higher rake for a higher win rate.
                    I would pay higher rake too, if they guarantee'd me a higher win rate. That not being the case, and all humor aside, let's take ROI. Considering a top tiered (meaning a really really good player, not me. Maybe you.) players long term sustainable ROI is somewhere between 10 and 15%. If you pay more than 10% in rake or tourney fees, that's going to eat into your profits big time. I know ROI is calculated w/ the tourney fees included, but still the % are huge when you're talking about the difference in 10% 15% and 20% fees. This is why I like cash. Overall rake is not going to be even close to 10%. Just imagine if they took 10% out of the pot in every cash game. Everyone would say that's crazy rake. Well, tourney's and SnG w/ fees do exactly this. Except in the case w/ 1.20 SnG, they take 20% (I know not exactly 20%, not a math guy) out of every pot. This is why you're doing so well at the 45 man .25 games. No Fees. Anyways, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks all. -shark

                    PS. Read you're EV's wrong. OK glad your doing better in the 3.40's than the .25. But that may not be because of fee's. Like comparing apples to oranges. One is 45 man vs. 27 man. One is turbo vs regular (unless u played turbo) and diff buy-ins. But, given all the factors. Fees are going to make a big difference on EV and ROI. (Like I know what these terms mean. lol)
                    Last edited by sharkatack89; Thu Feb 24, 2011, 06:01 PM. Reason: Man, I suck at this quoting stuff. How do u guys quote from 2 diff ppl in the same post.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
                      I would pay higher rake too, if they guarantee'd me a higher win rate. That not being the case, and all humor aside, let's take ROI. Considering a top tiered (meaning a really really good player, not me. Maybe you.) players long term sustainable ROI is somewhere between 10 and 15%. If you pay more than 10% in rake or tourney fees, that's going to eat into your profits big time. I know ROI is calculated w/ the tourney fees included, but still the % are huge when you're talking about the difference in 10% 15% and 20% fees. This is why I like cash. Overall rake is not going to be even close to 10%. Just imagine if they took 10% out of the pot in every cash game. Everyone would say that's crazy rake. Well, tourney's and SnG w/ fees do exactly this.
                      This is a misconception I've run into before. Total rake in a tournament might be higher than the rake in a ring game, but with a ring game the same money is often in many different hands.So the total rake for ring games can exceed 100% if your going through wild swings. At the 5% rake that Pokerstars charges for lower level ring games 20 times turnover would be 100%.

                      Since there is a capped rake bigger pots and higher stakes in ring games are actually better.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by autodafe20 View Post
                        This is a misconception I've run into before. Total rake in a tournament might be higher than the rake in a ring game, but with a ring game the same money is often in many different hands.So the total rake for ring games can exceed 100% if your going through wild swings. At the 5% rake that Pokerstars charges for lower level ring games 20 times turnover would be 100%.

                        Since there is a capped rake bigger pots and higher stakes in ring games are actually better.
                        Nice point autodafe. But there is a flaw in your logic here. I just can't point it out at the moment. (maybe never, with my intellect) Something along the lines of, think of the tourney as a single hand overall. You can will more or less, or lose your buy in at the end of it, but it is still only a single chance. Where as in a cash game, each hand you play brings the potential for winning and losing. Something along those lines. Someone help me or autodafe here. Will try to ponder it some more autodafe, but, don't know if I can articulate the flaw in your reply. Thanks for the food for thought tho. -shark.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [QUOTE=Mmmm Fish;255588]Thanks Cairn. I'm assuming you sent the mouse (she's a she btw) this:

                          http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

                          The Cowboy inspired me to try the $0.25 45 players, but they are a dead end.

                          Sick brag about being an inspiration to someone! Dude I just started a 1000 of these and up $29 after 175 games! Anyone with a small bankroll should do this!!!!!!!! It's gold Jerry!

                          Gidee Up!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
                            Nice point autodafe. But there is a flaw in your logic here. I just can't point it out at the moment. (maybe never, with my intellect) Something along the lines of, think of the tourney as a single hand overall. You can will more or less, or lose your buy in at the end of it, but it is still only a single chance. Where as in a cash game, each hand you play brings the potential for winning and losing. Something along those lines. Someone help me or autodafe here. Will try to ponder it some more autodafe, but, don't know if I can articulate the flaw in your reply. Thanks for the food for thought tho. -shark.
                            It's the difference between potentially infinite versus fixed profitability. Which means the only way that ring games would be preferable is if you consistently win above whatever total rake you are subjected too.

                            From a psychological standpoint most people are willing to trade a finite amount of money for a chance at much greater sum even if the odds are highly against them (which explains so much bad poker play).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=19honu62;255619]
                              Originally posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
                              Thanks Cairn. I'm assuming you sent the mouse (she's a she btw) this:

                              http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

                              The Cowboy inspired me to try the $0.25 45 players, but they are a dead end.

                              Sick brag about being an inspiration to someone! Dude I just started a 1000 of these and up $29 after 175 games! Anyone with a small bankroll should do this!!!!!!!! It's gold Jerry!

                              Gidee Up!

                              I agree with you 100% Cowboy. Thanks again for showing me the path out of PSO Skill League. Next time I go broke, I will use the $0.25 45 players to build a bankroll and get back in the game. I will elaborate further when I respond to shark's post (but that will probably be later tonight).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.