PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Way of the Broke Warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Way of the Broke Warrior

    So, I posted a day in the life of broke sharkatack89 in my latest blog entry. (This is a historical event, Thank God for PSO)

    Any and all can read it here:

    http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=10078


    Comments, Flames, and other suggestions welcome. Enjoy -shark

  • #2
    shark..I read your blog and you forgot one thing. How could you forget the one place that got you a huge bankroll last month?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ericnnancy View Post
      shark..I read your blog and you forgot one thing. How could you forget the one place that got you a huge bankroll last month?
      Unfortunately. That step requires qualifying first. Thus, you need to build at least a qualifying bankroll. Alas, the reason why I did not play in November. Only if I had known, they'd be giving warm up tix. I would have made the 1525 needed LOL. That is not one of the paths of the Broke Warrior. That's one of the paths of the very poor warrior tho. Steps 2 and 3 to follow in later posts.-shark.

      Comment


      • #4
        umbup:congrats on your success, you seem like a good poker player......with that being said do you plan on being a pro poker player? as in your 9 to 5 job everyday is poker? if so more power to you, but if i were you i would find a job til that happens. I mean come on your "girl" is only gonna support you for so long. If you dont mind me asking do you have children? what if you lose your bankroll? then what? start over grinding rookie tickets? you must be pretty young I'm guessing but at least go to college or learn a trade, you know just as a backup plan. please dont take this the wrong way as im not trying to an ahole but as that taz dude always says...I'm Just Saying. I actually think you could help me improve my bankroll building and such...shoot me a message if interested in teaching me a few things like how to grind out first place in the pso next month.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ericlee1984 View Post
          umbup:congrats on your success, you seem like a good poker player......with that being said do you plan on being a pro poker player? as in your 9 to 5 job everyday is poker? if so more power to you, but if i were you i would find a job til that happens. I mean come on your "girl" is only gonna support you for so long. If you dont mind me asking do you have children? what if you lose your bankroll? then what? start over grinding rookie tickets? you must be pretty young I'm guessing but at least go to college or learn a trade, you know just as a backup plan. please dont take this the wrong way as im not trying to an ahole but as that taz dude always says...I'm Just Saying. I actually think you could help me improve my bankroll building and such...shoot me a message if interested in teaching me a few things like how to grind out first place in the pso next month.
          Quite a good point. Yes, I am a pro poker player (As in yes, I make my living from playing poker 9 to 5 everyday. (tho it's more like 10am til 7pm everyday, as of late) The way of the broke warrior was only what I did when I was broke. I don't do that now. It was just to show what I did to build my bankroll up from nothing. As for going broke, it can happen to any poker player. But, as I am trying to follow strict bankroll management guidelines to keep from going broke again, I'll hope for the best. No, I have no children. And as for the job, we'll have to see. I hope to get to the point of sustaining between 2 to 4K/ month in the next couple of months here. But until then, there's always my "girl". As for me being young. No alas, I'm not young anymore. Thanks for the input and good luck to you also. -shark

          Comment


          • #6
            2 to 4 k a month? what do u play? tournys sngs or cash games?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ericlee1984 View Post
              2 to 4 k a month? what do u play? tournys sngs or cash games?
              That is the plan. I play 6 max limit games 2 tables max along w/ a to tourney table at times. My goal will be 2 to 3K grinding cash, and 1K in other tourneys along w/ any PSO earnings. But, like I said that's the plan. Need to get my bankroll in order first. So, PSO is A1 priority for now. Lost too many days this month already. -shark

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              X Cookies Information

              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.