PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Tourneys VS. Turbos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Tourneys VS. Turbos

What do you guys think are better? I have not had much success at turbos lately but if the rounds are 10 minutes long I can wait for a good hand to double up on. Is it better to be able to sit and wait or to be forced to build a big stack or get knocked out?

The more time there is between blind increases, the more time there is for luck to level out. Therefore, skill plays more of a factor in slower tourneys.

I almost never play turbos.

Comment

The speed of a tournament depends on more the the time between blind increases. You must also consider starting chips in relation to the blinds and the rate of blind escalation. On another site I have played some double stack turbos with relatively slow blind escalation and they were a quite good format.

Comment

I prefer turbos for 1 table SnG but for MTT I prefer longer blind levels

Comment

[QUOTE=FaCeK1cKeR;254737]I prefer turbos for 1 table SnG but for MTT I prefer longer blind levels[/QU

same here

Comment

for mtts, i wont play the 5 min levels. those tourneys force u into gambling...not a fan of that

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.