PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Strength of feild"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Strength of feild"

When PSO says "Strength of feild" does that meen size of feild or average rankings?

Strength of field is referring to the average ranking of the players in that tournament, but (i am pretty sure) the size of the field is also a factor to determine how many points you will win/lose for whatever place you finish in

Comment

Size of Field and Strength of field do appear to have some effect on score potential, but both factors are FAR out wieghed by your finish placement.

Maximum Strength of field adjustments to scoring potential appears to only be on the order of around 1 to 3 poitns maximum.

Size of field appears to have less than a .5 pt effect upon the same percitnale finish below the ITM spots, and has only aobut a .5 to 1 pt effect on ITM finishes.
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

An example that it does have some effect
        less points for better finish in a 16% larger field
        don't think throttle is in affect here

02/10/2011.20:00...PSO Skill League.No Limit...1738....49...36.23...1629.55...1665.78 finished 2.82%
        02/09/2011.13:00...PSO Skill League.No Limit...1498..132...36.24...1587.98...1624.22 finished 8.81%

Comment

Hey curtis, welcome to the forum.
          You sure have been here a while before posting.
          As the others have stated, the strength of field does relate to the rankings of the players involved in your tourney. As JD said, what really matters is your finish. There is no way to calculate the change that will occur from the strength of field when a tourney starts obviously, because you don't know it when it starts, if ever. So I wouldn't worry about it. The only time this could conceivably be a concern would be the last couple of the month and since we don't know it, I wouldn't sweat it.
          Hope to see ya' around a bit more and best o' luck!

Comment

Yeah I just never felt the need to ask "?" Hell I just started chatting with ppl also...

Comment

OH and thank you for your replies

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.