PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gut shot open end straight draw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gut shot open end straight draw

So a friend of mine said to me " those who arrive on planes and chase flushes and straights leave on buses and trains".

Over the last week I have had countless evil straights of both kinds and I think 1 did work out only to be crushed by a flush ( that hand I played perfectly - the opponent chased his flush with 1 card on the flop) . Point being how do you (anyone) approach a possible straight - check it hoping to catch it on the turn or river? Do you bet aggressively into it (position being mid position between betters) do you check it and follow the raise?? I am simnply lost and think I m running cold. ( Was wiped out with QQ vs AA and A3 vs AA so I think im a bit gunshy.)

Any help would be appreciated.
    the Hamster

Running bad

Sometimes you can't win no matter what you do. I had a streak a few days ago when I kept getting beat by flushes, and all of them were four on the board. You just have to try to stay sane and work through it. Hope this helps.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by joy7108; Sun Feb 13, 2011, 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.