PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pso skill needs must have points!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pso skill needs must have points!

    Players as we all know this is a school and bad students need punishment, bad grades follows a penalty, PSO SKILL needs to bring in a must have points to play next month as in WARM UP, 1525 points to play it, why cannot PSO SKILL have the same system i say 1595 points end of the month will give you a pass, missing a month sure will knock some sense into ones head!umbup:

  • #2
    I can understand your frustration. I can even agree. Though I do think you have the numbers a bit mixed. As it reads, one can qualify for the monthly warm-up game, but not for the league. Perhaps a better idea is to reduce the league sit-out score to 1450 points or lower. I'm also wondering if increasing the warm-up score to 1550 wouldn't be a bad idea.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
      I can understand your frustration. I can even agree. Though I do think you have the numbers a bit mixed. As it reads, one can qualify for the monthly warm-up game, but not for the league. Perhaps a better idea is to reduce the league sit-out score to 1450 points or lower. I'm also wondering if increasing the warm-up score to 1550 wouldn't be a bad idea.
      I am sure with my suggestion 1595 players that have not made it for next month WILL learn something C D trust me it will make em play better wouldn't u if it meant missing next month?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KOingDonks View Post
        I am sure with my suggestion 1595 players that have not made it for next month WILL learn something C D trust me it will make em play better wouldn't u if it meant missing next month?
        Aren't the ones demanding a minimum score also the same ones that are getting 'donked' out early in PSO events?? Wouldn't they then have a below average score?? Wouldn't they then be complaining for a month that some '@#&%in donk' kept them from a whole month of PSO tourneys??

        Im just sayin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KOingDonks View Post
          Players as we all know this is a school and bad students need punishment, bad grades follows a penalty, PSO SKILL needs to bring in a must have points to play next month as in WARM UP, 1525 points to play it, why cannot PSO SKILL have the same system i say 1595 points end of the month will give you a pass, missing a month sure will knock some sense into ones head!umbup:
          Part of learning to play poker is learning to play against the good, the bad and the ugly. Just because they get lucky and take you down once in awhile is no reason to shut them out completely. If you have a bad beat, you should just count it as experience and adjust your play. You don't need to throw them out of the game. Have you ever seen the pros throw someone out of a game just because they didn't like the way they played? I don't think so. They are not children and they don't need punishment. Let them learn at their own pace. There will always be good and bad players. Stay calm, cool and collected and learn to count to ten.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tiabrenda View Post
            Part of learning to play poker is learning to play against the good, the bad and the ugly. Just because they get lucky and take you down once in awhile is no reason to shut them out completely. If you have a bad beat, you should just count it as experience and adjust your play. You don't need to throw them out of the game. Have you ever seen the pros throw someone out of a game just because they didn't like the way they played? I don't think so. They are not children and they don't need punishment. Let them learn at their own pace. There will always be good and bad players. Stay calm, cool and collected and learn to count to ten.
            should be required reading umbup:umbup:umbup:
            sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KOingDonks View Post
              Players as we all know this is a school and bad students need punishment, bad grades follows a penalty, PSO SKILL needs to bring in a must have points to play next month as in WARM UP, 1525 points to play it, why cannot PSO SKILL have the same system i say 1595 points end of the month will give you a pass, missing a month sure will knock some sense into ones head!umbup:
              Sorry, even if it was set to a score as incredibly low as 1300 points, it will not be implemented because it would make those people that fell below the 1300 point mark to have to wait until the second hand of the tourney to start shoving all-in. This kind of rule would drastically alter the natural course of a PSO event in a positive way and that is not the direction the PSO wants to head. Perhaps if you could offer a suggestion such as starting out with only 1000 chips or making the blind levels only five minutes each or removing the time bank altogether, then maybe your voice will be heard around here. Best of luck this month!

              Comment


              • #8
                PSO changes

                Changing the scoring system so "bad players" cant play if their core drops below a certain level is wrong. I can only play 1 round per night 3 or 4 nights a week and if I hit a bad beat or run cold I should not be allowed to improve my game? Also removing the time clock is wrong as I like to replay the hand in my head before I call an all in. This is a fun leaque and yes there will be donks - you need to learn to play around them or note them so you know when you have the nuts they will try and "out-donk" you, call them on it. Law of averages eventually they will lose.
                Leave it as it is enjoy the free money if you make it in the top group and if you dont maybe you need to improve your game, I know I am learning every game I play and watch different styles plus how aggressive or or how tight I need to adjust my game.
                cheers the Hamster

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KOingDonks View Post
                  I am sure with my suggestion 1595 players that have not made it for next month WILL learn something C D trust me it will make em play better wouldn't u if it meant missing next month?
                  As the old saying goes, "some people never learn."

                  Those who are learning and slowly improving should be able to continue to play so that they can continue to learn. Those who are serial shove monkeys have a different motivation altogether and will probably never learn, nor do they have any interest in doing so. If you make them sit out a month, they'll simply find another venue in which to donk it up for the month, then a month later, they'll be back, doing the same old things.

                  I agree with those who have said that you have to learn to play against all styles. I laid down AKo last night at a table with 3 shove monkeys on it. Two K's hit the flop and I would've won the hand, but of course, I had no way of knowing that beforehand and I didn't feel like getting knocked out that early. I've had pocket A's cracked by 95s. Mathematically, 95s is a long shot against pocket A's, but that doesn't mean that I should expect my A's to be a guarantee. There is, after all, a reason that it is called gambling. If there were any hands guaranteed to win, then poker would be easy - only play those hands that are guaranteed to win. Part of what makes poker fun, challenging and exciting is that there are no guarantees.

                  I think people have the idea that this is supposed to be an advanced poker school. Nowhere in anything I've read has Pokerstars made that claim. The nature of the size of the field is such that early on you have to beat the unskilled players, and as the tournament progresses, the skill level necessary to succeed also progresses. Do you expect in any endeavor that you should be competing only against the top 20% without first being able to beat the bottom 80%?

                  In the NFL, they say that the good teams win the games they're expected to win. If you're that good of a poker player, you're supposed to be able to outfox a donk. Variance happens, bad beats happen. Why don't you play 83o? Because the odds say your chances of winning are not very high. But that doesn't mean that 83o can't win once in a while. The reason you'd rather play AKs than 83o is because you are taking calculated risks and we'd all rather take that calculated risk when the odds are in our favor. But every move you make in poker, no matter how skillful, comes with risk. If you can't accept the fact that risk is a part of the game, then maybe you shouldn't be gambling.

                  Don't forget, no matter what your skill level is, there's someone out there who is better, and they too might think that you aren't skilled enough to be playing in the same league as them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hey dash

                    ever heard of playoff's?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was actually looking at past months and think a viable option would be that new members could get involved in that months tournaments but anyone who was below the median points would have to set a month out. For instance using last months results that would mean anyone below 7644 on the leaderboard wouldn't have been eligible to play this month but could once again in March.

                      And to the naysayers, if what I proposed were enacted I'd actually be sitting out this month after the lousy showing for the last 2/3rds of January. Yes, I'd have been pissed about it but speaking for myself it would have driven me to do better once I could play again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tazz864 View Post
                        Aren't the ones demanding a minimum score also the same ones that are getting 'donked' out early in PSO events?? Wouldn't they then have a below average score?? Wouldn't they then be complaining for a month that some '@#&%in donk' kept them from a whole month of PSO tourneys??

                        Im just sayin
                        No TAZZ at least u wont be playing u donk, and i for sure would never get below 1600 pts moron...just saying ur a donk TAZZ lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KOingDonks View Post
                          No TAZZ at least u wont be playing u donk, and i for sure would never get below 1600 pts moron...just saying ur a donk TAZZ lol
                          --But you're not personalizing this 'constructive advice,' right??

                          I'm just sayin'

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tazz864 View Post
                            --But you're not personalizing this 'constructive advice,' right??

                            I'm just sayin'
                            I wouldn't call that advice. Advice is something you might listen to and follow. You play around 150 PSO tourneys every month and don't seem to see any payout at the end of the month. If you are at my table, I would view you exactly the same as I view Tencat, except he has a better avatar. And a better attitude. Stop trolling the forums to start trouble in every other thread and try to play some solid poker for a month. You might see it is a better way to spend your time.
                            I'm just sayin'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wiseguyjim View Post
                              I wouldn't call that advice. Advice is something you might listen to and follow. You play around 150 PSO tourneys every month and don't seem to see any payout at the end of the month. If you are at my table, I would view you exactly the same as I view Tencat, except he has a better avatar. And a better attitude. Stop trolling the forums to start trouble in every other thread and try to play some solid poker for a month. You might see it is a better way to spend your time.
                              I'm just sayin'
                              Excuse me, but who's being judgy and trying to start trouble?? And who's trolling in things, not minding their own beeswax??(Hint: it looks like you...)

                              Im just sayin...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.