PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why after 3 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why after 3 months

    Why, now starting my fourth month am I still surprised that somebody will call a 4BB raise with a 5 and a 3 or a Q and a 6 or any other unfeasible combination.

    I know this thread has been done to death. But these people will then give an explanation as to why they play those combinations of hands. Yes I know we see it on the television. But the level of though that goes in to this there is immense, The justifications given here are just ridiculous, "well the blinds are small at the moment" or my personal favourite,'"I figured you didn't have a made hand!" even though they will then call the continuation bet on the flop With AT3 out there (when I've hit the A) and call the 9 on the turn" AND THEN ONLY FLAT CALL THE 5 ON THE RIVER.

    The rub downs after are a joke. These guys think they are good. Saying, yeah, well I was ITM last night. 1 ITM, Well done. Well done. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhh

  • #2
    i take it u just got knocked out lol

    Comment


    • #3
      There is no better table than one filled with players who think their lucky suck outs makes them good. Yum yum, I like fish.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hobojim11247 View Post
        There is no better table than one filled with players who think their lucky suck outs makes them good. Yum yum, I like fish.
        Jim, I like them too... cue up the Jaws theme because you can use them as a chip ATM
        Super-Moderator



        6 Time Bracelet Winner


        Comment


        • #5
          Don't get me wrong, I know they are there to make me rich, and if that was a cash table I would immediately be rebuying full what and topping up my account to rebuy again if needed. I would then spend the day following the guy from table to table.

          Comment


          • #6
            they call your 4bb bet becouse they had planned on going all in and you made it cheap for them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Tottally know were your coming from, i get tired of fold , fold, fold, for 20, 30, mins. then get my KK or what ever just to be knocked-out by 4 6 off, get so mad broke my laptop screen, threw my mouse at the wall, scared the dog, she jumps, gets caught in wires laptop falls screen shattered lol [NOT] ya lov my poker! may need a break [parden the pun] take care Late Spin

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spindrift4 View Post
                Tottally know were your coming from, i get tired of fold , fold, fold, for 20, 30, mins. then get my KK or what ever just to be knocked-out by 4 6 off, get so mad broke my laptop screen, threw my mouse at the wall, scared the dog, she jumps, gets caught in wires laptop falls screen shattered lol [NOT] ya lov my poker! may need a break [parden the pun] take care Late Spin
                Well for you mabe live will be chepper buying a new computer will cost alot every bad beat LOL that is funny

                Comment


                • #9
                  or throw the dog next time

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AlphaAero View Post
                    Why, now starting my fourth month am I still surprised that somebody will call a 4BB raise with a 5 and a 3 or a Q and a 6 or any other unfeasible combination.

                    I know this thread has been done to death. But these people will then give an explanation as to why they play those combinations of hands. Yes I know we see it on the television. But the level of though that goes in to this there is immense, The justifications given here are just ridiculous, "well the blinds are small at the moment" or my personal favourite,'"I figured you didn't have a made hand!" even though they will then call the continuation bet on the flop With AT3 out there (when I've hit the A) and call the 9 on the turn" AND THEN ONLY FLAT CALL THE 5 ON THE RIVER.

                    The rub downs after are a joke. These guys think they are good. Saying, yeah, well I was ITM last night. 1 ITM, Well done. Well done. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhh

                    How about this one - happened to me on Tuesday:
                    Me: BB with KK
                    UTG: calls BB (ratings for past two months have him as a bottom feeder)
                    comes around to me and I raise 4xBB
                    he comes over the top and goes all in. I know his style, and I know he has crap...I go all in for a quick double up.
                    He has Q2 off suit...you know the rest. Flop: Q-2-2
                    Have a nice day donkey grrrr - negative points again
                    Last edited by fadmin; Thu Feb 10, 2011, 10:02 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok this happened to me this morning. 50/100 blinds...UTG raises to 300...I am in hi-jack with AA and re raise to 500...he calls...flop comes 3 diamonds...I raise he calls....turn...he checks and I check...river he raises and I call.....he had A5 off with a diamond. This guy is in the top 500 too. Bad play rewarded again. Knew that he probably made the flush but was already too far in to fold.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bad beat, yes. Bad play? I don't know...he has to call 200 to win 950. That's 4.5 to 1 odds. If you can have anything but AA he's got good odds here. If he's a top player your reraise WILL get respect! It just has to be a lot bigger than that. How much does an extra 200 hurt his stack?

                        Also, some thoughts:

                        You've given him an opportunity to defend his raise for cheap. It's kind of like defending your blind to a cheap steal. If it's that cheap, even if it's -EV for the current hand, it can be very helpful for a future hand. If you fold every time you get 3-bet, someone's going to 3-bet you every time, so you have to call sometimes. Just like if you fold your BB every time it's raised, you're going to get raised every time. It sounds to me like he might be a strong player.

                        Also, he doesn't have to hit to beat you. He might be able to outplay you after the flop. He doesn't know for sure that you have aces.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AlphaAero View Post
                          Why, now starting my fourth month am I still surprised that somebody will call a 4BB raise with a 5 and a 3 or a Q and a 6 or any other unfeasible combination.

                          I know this thread has been done to death. But these people will then give an explanation as to why they play those combinations of hands. Yes I know we see it on the television. But the level of though that goes in to this there is immense, The justifications given here are just ridiculous, "well the blinds are small at the moment" or my personal favourite,'"I figured you didn't have a made hand!" even though they will then call the continuation bet on the flop With AT3 out there (when I've hit the A) and call the 9 on the turn" AND THEN ONLY FLAT CALL THE 5 ON THE RIVER.

                          The rub downs after are a joke. These guys think they are good. Saying, yeah, well I was ITM last night. 1 ITM, Well done. Well done. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhh
                          Thats why i made a post on points must have system to play PSO Skill, as in WARM UP!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          X Cookies Information

                          We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.