PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll Management

For some time now I've been going on about the fact that the "school" is the place for learning, not the "league". I have to admit that this has to a certain extent been an assumption on my part, as not needing basic lessons myself I haven't bothered looking at them. However, this morning I did, and I was shocked by what I found,

Todays featured lesson is bankroll management. And it states that it is perfectly fine to buy into a tournament for 10% of your roll. Are you freaking kidding me! As an MTT player you really shouldn't be risking more than 2% of your roll per tournament. And I know plenty of people who would recommend you keep it as low as 1%.

What the hell is going on here. That advice is a recipe for disaster!

As with most of the articles around here, they are relevant to 10 years ago...lol like about the time when Tj Cloutier wasumbup:

Comment

glad you finaly seen what i have there isn't anything for the intermediate player to gain except what is shared by those who know more evil:
      Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
        snip

What the hell is going on here. That advice is a recipe for disaster!
        Or one to boost the coffers of the poker provider

MB

Comment

I stick to 2% for MTT and 5% for a buy in on a cash table. Occasionally I'll do 5% at a SNG, but that's because the 33% ITM for a 9 table makes it worth it to me. I agree that 10% is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.