PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When and Why did Observer Chat Change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When and Why did Observer Chat Change?

Maybe this has been asked and answered, but why & when did it become PStars Forbidden to rail someone to wish them luck or even dare say Hi because you are not in that particular league event.

Originally posted by KG1993 View Post
    Maybe this has been asked and answered, but why & when did it become PStars Forbidden to rail someone to wish them luck or even dare say Hi because you are not in that particular league event.

FEB. 1ST

Comment

That Covers The When, Did PStars Divuldge....

The reason behind their Executive Order, being they are benevolant dictators....

Comment

KG I sent a PM to PSO staff right away and have still not heard back from them.
        What gets me is that you can rail the PSO Warm Up game but not the PSO.

Comment

Originally posted by KG1993 View Post
          The reason behind their Executive Order, being they are benevolant dictators....
          IT IS THERE HOUSE

BUT STAFF SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THIS

I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT THEY GOT BACK ON THIS YET

Comment

Dumb is Dumb Though

Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
            IT IS THERE HOUSE

BUT STAFF SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THIS

I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT THEY GOT BACK ON THIS YET

Yes it is there House, But Dumb is Dumb, It could be because the Chat interupts the train of thinking of the Shove Monkees and Donks, they are so easily distracted

Comment

I emailed support twice in January

They passed it to Pokerstars

Who's reply was ;

On.y registered players can chat and those with at least the buy in for that tourney

Comment

LOL

Bump he he he

Comment

Heres what pokerstars said

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

To minimise unwanted observer chat, begging and spam at the tables,
                  PokerStars has implemented a number of observer chat restrictions. These
                  include blocking the ability to copy and paste into chat at our tables, and
                  the introduction of a rule requiring you to have at least $1 in your account
                  to chat as an observer on a real money table for micro limit games, or at
                  least the minimum buy-in for the table at higher-limit tables.

Please note that if you have multiple currencies on your account, the chat
                  restriction is calculated according to the balance of the currency which you
                  have set as preferred. If you are blocked from chatting at a table, but have
                  a sufficient balance in another currency, setting that currency as your
                  preferred one in the Cashier will permit you to chat at the table.

We do understand this may be an inconvenience to some and that most players
                  are likely have no intention of using the chat for such purposes, however,
                  our real money players have expressed a strong desire to have spam and
                  begging free tables, and for this reason, we decided to implement these
                  measures.

Thank you for your understanding, and also for choosing PokerStars.

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.pokerschoolon.../smile-big.png

Comment

Originally posted by spike8998 View Post
                    Heres what pokerstars said

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

To minimise unwanted observer chat, begging and spam at the tables,
                    PokerStars has implemented a number of observer chat restrictions. These
                    include blocking the ability to copy and paste into chat at our tables, and
                    the introduction of a rule requiring you to have at least $1 in your account
                    to chat as an observer on a real money table for micro limit games, or at
                    least the minimum buy-in for the table at higher-limit tables.

Please note that if you have multiple currencies on your account, the chat
                    restriction is calculated according to the balance of the currency which you
                    have set as preferred. If you are blocked from chatting at a table, but have
                    a sufficient balance in another currency, setting that currency as your
                    preferred one in the Cashier will permit you to chat at the table.

We do understand this may be an inconvenience to some and that most players
                    are likely have no intention of using the chat for such purposes, however,
                    our real money players have expressed a strong desire to have spam and
                    begging free tables, and for this reason, we decided to implement these
                    measures.

Thank you for your understanding, and also for choosing PokerStars.

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.pokerschoolon.../smile-big.png

This has been in effect for quite some time now.
                    In some ways I don't like it but on the other hand I don't really want any unnecessary distractions when playing in important events.
                    All it does is not let people chat from the rail but doesn't prohibit them from observing.
                    Taking into account that some get very emotional about the game and others are just born ****-retentive, it is probably for the best.

Comment

Observer chat can be turned off if you don't like the distraction. Abusive chat can be reported. :/

Oh, well.

Comment

I was watching a very high stakes H2H series of games (the same two players had five tables going against each other at $500 a time) and the chat was full of begging and hate comments! (this was at FT) so I can understand the viewpoint of PStars.

MB

Comment

Are our members now able to chat in the pso league tournaments even if they didnt enter the event?

Comment

I don't know. Somebody try it right now. I can't because I'm in it.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                              Observer chat can be turned off if you don't like the distraction. Abusive chat can be reported. :/

Oh, well.

Reporting abusive chat is a joke. I have seen it reported and then ignored by the mods on a number of occasions, all they say is to turn it off. Why should I have to turn off my friends because some asshole wants to be abusive???
                              Great rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.