PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Location change

    I noticed this morning that when you move your cursor over a player it is only giving the country they live in. Anyone have the reason thsi was changed? It was always nice sitting at a table and finding someone that lived in your state or close to you.

  • #2
    Originally posted by will26354 View Post
    I noticed this morning that when you move your cursor over a player it is only giving the country they live in. Anyone have the reason thsi was changed? It was always nice sitting at a table and finding someone that lived in your state or close to you.
    i know right i guess this puts an end to my virginia list and thats sad because i have met some good peeps that live down the road from me evil:
    Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

    Comment


    • #3
      I noticed this too, and I think it is a step backwards. The United States is a Big Country as is Canada, and even tho the United Kingdom is nowhere near these sizes, it doesn't give you a clue as to where people are from. They could be just down the road or four hundred miles away, which in Britain is a long way. I think they should revert back, it was much friendlier. Just my twopennyworth. umbup:
      3 Time Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        Location

        I don't see why they can't have both. Sometimes town names are deceiving - I live in Ile des Chenes, Mb, Canada and have had people speaking French to me. There's probably a space consideration in the display length.

        Good luck!!
        Bracelet Winner


        Comment


        • #5
          It was being exploited people were typing in things like downbytheriver and ive even seen quite a few that were flat out obsene which i care not to mention and that was just in english dont even want to guess at what some of the cyrillic text types was saying
          Last edited by Eagle3947; Mon Feb 07, 2011, 11:36 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Personally, i want PokerStars to put it back the way it was. I enjoyed talking to players in my home state and to others across the country and the globe. I agree it is not as friendly anymore. No more chatting about the weather, sports...etc, locally, nationally or worldwide. I had in the planning stages of having a local get together of fellow players in my surrounding area. Now it will be harder to find these players. If the change is because of a limited few who have rude or lude words in place of where they reside, then PS should give these players 48 hrs to correct their addresses, or ban them until they do make the appropriate changes. Its a shame that because of a few idiots, that we all have to be punished. Whatever reason PS did this doesn't matter. Fix it. Just give us what we want...put it back the way it was....and have a nice day.

            Comment


            • #7
              I liked it the old way too. Whenever I saw a city I didn't know, it was a good reason to google it, find out where they were from and learn where the other cities are.
              Super-Moderator



              6 Time Bracelet Winner


              Comment


              • #8
                guess i'm one of the few that likes it this way better
                I'm way too lazy (and usually multitabling 6+) to ever google cities and some of those northern euro cities sounded like a 20 letter sneeze. Combined this with the people that try to make lame jokes out of their location. I'm currently on a table with three people from netherlands, I would never have known that prior to this. I give a thumbs up to the change, but understand why others would not.

                ____________________________________________
                You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper.
                Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Tue Feb 08, 2011, 02:35 AM.
                You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ??/

                  ??????

                  l still see the cities there from,,???
                  Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

                  7 Time Bracelet Winner


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by effsea View Post
                    ??????

                    l still see the cities there from,,???
                    Stop drinking

                    ____________________________________________
                    You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper.
                    You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      lol

                      Originally posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
                      Stop drinking

                      ____________________________________________
                      You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper.

                      lol....never....hiccup

                      but still see the cites....so not sure what the sober peeps are seeing...hiccup
                      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

                      7 Time Bracelet Winner


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by effsea View Post
                        lol....never....hiccup

                        but still see the cites....so not sure what the sober peeps are seeing...hiccup

                        i'll bet when you log off then log back in it will change

                        sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It will be harder to find multi-accounters as well. And it's boring.
                          3 Time Bracelet Winner


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            now how i'm s'pose to justify calls based on where they from

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SteveArtist View Post
                              Personally, i want PokerStars to put it back the way it was. I enjoyed talking to players in my home state and to others across the country and the globe. I agree it is not as friendly anymore. No more chatting about the weather, sports...etc, locally, nationally or worldwide. I had in the planning stages of having a local get together of fellow players in my surrounding area. Now it will be harder to find these players. If the change is because of a limited few who have rude or lude words in place of where they reside, then PS should give these players 48 hrs to correct their addresses, or ban them until they do make the appropriate changes. Its a shame that because of a few idiots, that we all have to be punished. Whatever reason PS did this doesn't matter. Fix it. Just give us what we want...put it back the way it was....and have a nice day.
                              Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                              I liked it the old way too. Whenever I saw a city I didn't know, it was a good reason to google it, find out where they were from and learn where the other cities are.
                              Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
                              I noticed this too, and I think it is a step backwards. The United States is a Big Country as is Canada, and even tho the United Kingdom is nowhere near these sizes, it doesn't give you a clue as to where people are from. They could be just down the road or four hundred miles away, which in Britain is a long way. I think they should revert back, it was much friendlier. Just my twopennyworth. umbup:
                              /signed It was fun finding out that a player on your table was close to you and was able to say ''Howdy Neighbor'' and be able to strike up a conversation and on the flip side be able to ask that person that's from ''anytown, USA'' (just as an example) OMG where the sam hell is that and be able to have some small talk on the table. ''The World, as a whole, need to learn to develop better communication skills with thier fellow man''
                              Last edited by Eagle3947; Wed Feb 09, 2011, 03:25 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.