PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiment: Raising (Almost) Every Hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiment: Raising (Almost) Every Hand

I just played a sit & go and, halfway through, I decided to try an experiment. Every hand, I intended to open any unopened pot. If I had a half-decent holding, I would 3bet any opened pot. The only thing I wouldn't do was make a bad call if I got raised. It was pretty funny to see how often people folded to me. I got away with it for about 30 hands. People were folding everything, and my projected strength seemed to allow me to get away with a handful of complete post-flop bluffs, too. I got shut down when someone called me with AK on a four-flush board, with only top pair. It was pretty interesting how long I got away with opening every single pot, though. My fold equity was almost exactly equating my losses when I had to fold, up until I lost my whole stack. That's all.

ya ive wondered if I should try this. I played a heads up tourney against a guy who would raise and reraise me every hand. its tough because if you miss the flop and even though I know he doesnt have anything I gotta toss my hand.

If i remember correctly he ended up winning the heads up so maybe the strategy worked. he would build a big lead but then id get one good hand and get it back. but eventually blinds got too big and i think he lucked out

but interesting strategy, I wonder how well it works for different table sizes (heads up compared to 6 max, 9 and 10 full tables)

Comment

This is a common strategy that a lot of loose players use. They raise all the time and they count on you missing the flop so you can't call their c-bet.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.