PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

poker on ice. suggestions??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poker on ice. suggestions??

well after-the 1400 game i had to bust a walk path thru the ice just to get to the smoker, break the ice off the smoker, get smoker going in 20 degree weather, beef ribs are excellent!! But how do you play poker with frozen fingers?? this is Texas. not Alaska. well maybe i can thaw fingers out by 1900 game. any suggestions??

Originally posted by Joe Dawg 57 View Post
    well after-the 1400 game i had to bust a walk path thru the ice just to get to the smoker, break the ice off the smoker, get smoker going in 20 degree weather, beef ribs are excellent!! But how do you play poker with frozen fingers?? this is Texas. not Alaska. well maybe i can thaw fingers out by 1900 game. any suggestions??
    dude that is awesome smoking ribs in the winter i dont have any suggestions but i love gettin the smoker out in the spring and summer love smokin pork shoulders and brisket i live in missouri so right now i couldnt smoke anything even if i wanted to good luck with your frozen fingers

Comment

i built houses for 20 yrs you ever seen one those propane heaters that drywall people use in the winter for their mud and tape? i think they are called a salemander heater or is it a torpedoe but either way my bricklayers would make a plastic tent over the front of the house and heat the work area while laying brick in freezing temps evil:
      Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

MMMMM brisket.... save me someumbup:

Comment

theyre called both joker, but dont need to heat house just thaw fingersumbup:

Comment

I slide mine in my but crack for a few minutes

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
              MMMMM brisket.... save me someumbup:
              cant ribs today brisket for sunday !!! go steelers!!!

Comment

too skinny alternate plan needed

Comment

OK, my suggestions was going to be more in par with sitting on them, but then you can't eat the ribs.

Seems Roomik beat me to it though, which a much quicker way...LOL

Comment

theyre called both joker, but dont need to heat house just thaw fingersumbup:
                    the point was you can make a plastic tent or better yet tee pee with a vent hole on the top to make a heated area around the smoker evil:
                    Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
                      the point was you can make a plastic tent or better yet tee pee with a vent hole on the top to make a heated area around the smoker evil:
                      durn where were you 3 hours ago ill remember that 1umbup:umbup:

Comment

arm pits

too skinny alternate plan needed

Put them under arm pits. Military training said to do that so maybe will work for you. What part of Texas Joe? I am in Hobbs rigth now on the boarder with Texas wind chill -11 lol we dont have Sand trucks or plows redneck city employees four of them in back of truck slinging salt with Ice scoops. getterrrr done boy lol

Comment

Originally posted by BUDA505 View Post
                          Put them under arm pits. Military training said to do that so maybe will work for you. What part of Texas Joe? I am in Hobbs rigth now on the boarder with Texas wind chill -11 lol we dont have Sand trucks or plows redneck city employees four of them in back of truck slinging salt with Ice scoops. getterrrr done boy lol
                          east side of dallas on mesquite border, arm pits yeh i remember, but need fingers to hold ribs. didnt know bubbleheads got cold under water!!

Comment

dad was navy retired . had other terms, but ill sail or swim on TOP. just saying leak might be messy

Comment

yea not always underwater!

east side of dallas on mesquite border, arm pits yeh i remember, but need fingers to hold ribs. didnt know bubbleheads got cold under water!!

Yea but not always underwater, artic runs brake through the ice for the placement of stuff lol so had to do the cold training thing

Yea hole in a sub not a good thing tat all for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.