PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Wasting Is Not A "Problem"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Wasting Is Not A "Problem"

I read that the 15% payout was changed to 10% to deal with a "time wasting problem".... smart players waste time and wait for donks with more chips to go all-in unnecessarily in order to make it in the money. The best players in these tournaments will play to win only after they are securely in the money spots.

If you want to get rid of all the donks, then you would need to make it mandatory for all players to have at least like 50 FPP's per month to play in the tournaments, then this would cut down on donks.... but in the meantime, all this does is make it a huge mess and it will suppress the scores. No one will reach 1900 this month. Mark my words.

Originally posted by PresBruno View Post
    I read that the 15% payout was changed to 10% to deal with a "time wasting problem".... smart players waste time and wait for donks with more chips to go all-in unnecessarily in order to make it in the money. The best players in these tournaments will play to win only after they are securely in the money spots.

If you want to get rid of all the donks, then you would need to make it mandatory for all players to have at least like 50 FPP's per month to play in the tournaments, then this would cut down on donks.... but in the meantime, all this does is make it a huge mess and it will suppress the scores. No one will reach 1900 this month. Mark my words.
    I would take 1800 if it were first place. Who cares what the number is?

JT

Comment

As futile as it may seem I will attempt to hit 1900 just to spite you BRuno. Long live Pres Bruno! umbup:

Comment

If the payout structure actually was changed intentionally, I think I'll be having more fun with these tourneys. More challenge = more fun. But where did this info come from, PresB?

I also need to up my game, though. I donked myself out of all three of today's tourneys so far. So much fun when you play bad, though.

So much fun.

Comment

Regarding time wasting, moving the payout from 15% to 10% will not change this system. It does mean fewer donkeys will make it to the stage where you can use the clock. Smart players who are short stacked once the number of players gets within 25 of the money will still stall. That is smart playing.

Please be clear which you mean. Right now, players become active by earning 20 VPPS, which also earns approximately the same number of FPPS. Under your suggestion, the only people who will be members are those who play cash games and are successful enough to earn 50 points, regardless of which one you mean. Freerollers would be excluded.

As to the points not surpassing the 1900 mark, that depends on if the point system has been modified as well. That will take some time and playing to calculate. We might still have the 20-24% range earning points, but now those reaching the money will be seeing a major shift in scores between earned points - near the bubble - and into the payouts.

I'm thinking the scoring system will not be too radical a change. If so, there will be a lot of members not even qualifying for the March Warm-up games.

Comment

Players here(all 17000)find it hard enough to get 20 fpp;s.This is a learning school . it's not here to help you solely. good luck all.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have to disagree with you here. You say this is to get rid of Donks. Well, I for one am not a donk, but I may not have the funds for the month to get me to 50 VPP, not FPP. Why penalize a good player that may not be able to afford to get themselves to 50, let alone 20 as it is now?

Dawn

Comment

I can think of one person I hope the new system will get rid of..................

But I'll keep that to myself

Comment

20 VPP's are nothing. With the $50 I won this month I did it playing low stakes in under an HOUR. Also, once you are active one month you are auomatically a cash game player!!

Comment

20 VPP's are nothing. With the $50 I won this month I did it playing low stakes in under an HOUR. Also, once you are active one month you are auomatically a cash game player!!
                    What?

Comment

The only reason I am wasting time answering this is to keep unknowing people from being led astray.

There is absolutely NO connection between being active and playing cash. You can play cash whether you are active or not and just because you play cash does NOT make you active.

Pres, you are continually making false statements that someone needs to correct or the newbys are apt to believe.

Comment

Oh, and you're not automatically a cash game player.....you need to earn 20 VPP's every month to remain ACTIVE in the league which just entitles youto higher cash outs in the league. If you don't choose to get the 20 or can't due to lack of a bankroll you can try to top 200 as a whitestar and build from there.

As HoboJim stated above, I also wouldn't want someone new or someone who is just starting to try to be misinformed.

Really seems like some ulterior motives to the statement you made PB.

Rosie

Comment

You got 20 vpps' in low stakes in under an hour....where do I sign up?

Comment

Are you sure about this?? You are not so self-assured that you are comfortable leading others astray, are you?? Really?? I suggest anyone unfamiliar with the terms 'Active,' 'Qualified,' etc., spend some time doing some research, not just taking PresDelusiopotomus' word for it.

Im just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by tazz864 View Post
                              Are you sure about this?? You are not so self-assured that you are comfortable leading others astray, are you?? Really?? I suggest anyone unfamiliar with the terms 'Active,' 'Qualified,' etc., spend some time doing some research, not just taking PresDelusiopotomus' word for it.

Im just sayin
                              right on tazz

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.