PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO Poker Advancement Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO Poker Advancement Group

This has been mentioned in another forum by someone else. However, the theory is this. An advanced group picked by admin/mods/members, whatever. Discuss and choose what is best for the PSO. Of course this would have to be approved by Staff or the powers that be. But, if you want a league for the players. You must use the players imput.

Thx
    JT

Great idea JT

I mentioned something similar to this in another part of the forum and I really do believe there should be 2 leagues. One advanced league for players who score above 1500 points and a beginner league for new players and players who finished below 1500 the previous month. It would really help to improve the play in the advanced league for the people who really want to play serious poker not bingo. It would help the play in the beginner league as well because if the players want to play for the real money they have to earn there way into the advanced league

Dave

Comment

im in agreeance to some extent, however at the same time the second classleague would not eradicate the problem of bad players catchin through bad play, even these players will invariably score enough points to get into the higher tier. (though it would be minmised).

also, we want the low rankers in the tourne. so long as you are paying careful attention to whats on the board and using reverse implied odds, you should be damaged too frequently by these isiots and they should keep you in cips at the middle stages ofthe tourney.

thats not to say that it isnt damn frustrating though!

Comment

beginners/advanced schooling

i agree, ty

Comment

pso poker advanced group

good idea, where do i sign?

Comment

This is so stupid that it should not even be a thread. There are less donks on PSO than in the real world and if you cannot play against donks then forget playing poker.

End of.

**Closed**

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
              This is so stupid that it should not even be a thread. There are less donks on PSO than in the real world and if you cannot play against donks then forget playing poker.

End of.

**Closed**

You got some problem?

JT

Comment

Unfortunately I have too many problems to relate on this thread but thanks for the concern anyway JT; much appreciated.

However, I would just suggest that having an elitist group who play textbook poker with each other and do not include people who do not play by the rulebook will not help improve anyone's game.

As I said in an earlier thread, watch the High Stakes Poker Series. Lex Veldhuis, Ivey, Durr, Gus Hansen, Antonius, Elky, Beyamine, Galfond. In fact no one playing with the exception of Mike the Mouth plays conventional poker.

If people are really serious about improving their game, then they have to be able to adapt to all types of players and not throw their rattles out of the pram when their premium starting hands get beat.

If you have a valid point that can demonstrate that an "advanced group " (and I use that term loosely) would actually improve the performance of the participants either within the PSO framework or in normal Pokerstars games; then I am all ears (no offense to donkeys, rabbits or elephants intended).

Comment

you could call it the advanced clock watchers league....
                  maybe have all different fonts customizable for peoples countdown timers...
                  that would be really neat, a gothic number count down
                  followed by a hellvetica,
                  followed by .
                  ooh theres soo many fun fonts to choose from!
                  top the cat for moderator

Comment

i THINK the thinking is that the advanced league is the CASH TABLES
                    this is training wheels
                    stay with them as long as you need too
                    some sharks will still be swimming around trying to pick up some of this soft free money with some odd plays
                    if you dont understand a play ask the "donk"
                    maybe he was trying out a new style
                    as is advocated here
                    this is a school
                    try to learn
                    theres a lesson in every hand!

Comment

Poker takes all types of players.
                      If it wasn't for Donks, where would the "easy pickins" come from? lol

I'll be the first to admit....I learn something new everyday playing here.
                      Since taking the new "MTT" course, I've learned that some of the players who I might have thought as donks, are actually playing valid MTT strategy. Plus.....this is a "Poker School".....are all the players supposed to be Pros?

When I get "donked" out, I am finding that it is ALWAYS because I made a dumb play or call or underestimated the player I was playing against. I have finally made the top 1000 because I am learning how to recognize when I am about to get donked and I fold. Thank you PSO, I get to learn this for free.

Having said all this.....I think it would be cool to have a special ticket or monthly game or something for the top 1000 or 100 or whatever. I would like to be able to watch the Great, consistent PSO players go at it ( and would even more like to play against them ) Maybe a top ten tourney or something?

Hey! to all my favorite players out there.
                      -Flop

Comment

Originally posted by buffalohead View Post
                        you could call it the advanced clock watchers league....
                        maybe have all different fonts customizable for peoples countdown timers...
                        that would be really neat, a gothic number count down
                        followed by a hellvetica,
                        followed by .
                        ooh theres soo many fun fonts to choose from!
                        top the cat for moderator
                        Don't forget wingdings!

Comment

Originally posted by Flop4Me72 View Post
                          Poker takes all types of players.
                          If it wasn't for Donks, where would the "easy pickins" come from? lol

I'll be the first to admit....I learn something new everyday playing here.
                          Since taking the new "MTT" course, I've learned that some of the players who I might have thought as donks, are actually playing valid MTT strategy. Plus.....this is a "Poker School".....are all the players supposed to be Pros?

When I get "donked" out, I am finding that it is ALWAYS because I made a dumb play or call or underestimated the player I was playing against. I have finally made the top 1000 because I am learning how to recognize when I am about to get donked and I fold. Thank you PSO, I get to learn this for free.

Having said all this.....I think it would be cool to have a special ticket or monthly game or something for the top 1000 or 100 or whatever. I would like to be able to watch the Great, consistent PSO players go at it ( and would even more like to play against them ) Maybe a top ten tourney or something?

Hey! to all my favorite players out there.
                          -Flop
                          It's called PSO WARM UP get over 1550 in at least 5 games

Comment

Originally posted by solasius View Post
                            It's called PSO WARM UP get over 1550 in at least 5 games
                            It was 1525...

And it ended nearly 3 weeks ago...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

If there is to be such a group then I think that it should not take prize fund away from the main pso league, It should have a separate prize fund. It should also have a buy in, even if it is only a $0.10 or $0.25 buy in. And the tournaments in it should be open to anyone that has finished in the top 1000 at least two times, or the top 500 once.

Just my thought,

Mugabe

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.