PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pso changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pso changes

blinds and pay outs are different,

hmmm.
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

The blinds looks the same to me, although you now get an extra 60 seconds of time bank every so often. The payouts though, are paying less places for the same amount of players as before. And the registration limit is now 10,000. So it's going to be harder to make the money now.

Comment

Anyone else remember the first day of last month? This may be a mistake on the payout structure as it is only 10%, usually PSO freerolls pay out around 13% for the money.

Good news is PSO staff will get it right in the end, they always do.

And boys and girls I'm sure most of you have already noticed this league went up a notch in difficulty in January and I'm sure February will only get tougher. A quick comparison of December to January shows huge increases in pts required to make top 400, top 300 and top 200 levels.

Also in December 328 players scored 1800 pts or higher, January that number is up to 390. February should be one sik competitive month -Good luck all and may the best player win!!

Comment

I agree this looks like a mistake, similar to what happened last month when the first two league tournaments of the month had the wrong payout structure and were later corrected.

I don't think PSO would change the payouts without warning. Although the change in the maximum entry from 2000 to 10000 may possibly have been deliberate, as the old limit was close to being reached on occasion.

As to the strength of the competition, it really did get tighter at the top didn't it? But with a 16.5% increase in total players in January, it was perhaps no wonder there was more competition and higher thresholds for the money placings.

Comment

Originally posted by mytton View Post
          I agree this looks like a mistake, similar to what happened last month when the first two league tournaments of the month had the wrong payout structure and were later corrected. I don't think PSO would change the payouts without warning. Although the change in the maximum entry from 2000 to 10000 may possibly have been deliberate, as the old limit was close to being reached on occasion. As to the strength of the competition, it really did get tighter at the top didn't it? But with a 16.5% increase in total players in January, it was perhaps no wonder there was more competition and higher thresholds for the money placings.
          i agree it's a mistake, i don't think with everybody crying about the clock use they would add time. somebody used the wrong template. that's just my opinion good luck all umbup:umbup:umbup:
          sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Well, just finished the 10am tourney and in the old format would have been in the money, but finished 19 out of the "new money format". Will see how the points work out for that now.

Comment

We have in fact made a slight change to the payout structure for Feb (and future) Leagues. The payout structure is now 10% and we feel that this is more in line with the real world and makes for tougher competition which in turn we believe will lead to a higher standard of play in the league events.

I was supposed to post this info last week but unfortunately It slipped past me and I overlooked making that post.

Apologies for not posting sooner

Good luck in the League Feb

Comment

Originally posted by PSO-Staff View Post
                We have in fact made a slight change to the payout structure for Feb (and future) Leagues. The payout structure is now 10% and we feel that this is more in line with the real world and makes for tougher competition which in turn we believe will lead to a higher standard of play in the league events.

I was supposed to post this info last week but unfortunately It slipped past me and I overlooked making that post.

and you added time ??
                sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Originally posted by ericnnancy View Post
                  Well, just finished the 10am tourney and in the old format would have been in the money, but finished 19 out of the "new money format". Will see how the points work out for that now.
                  what was the change? i didn't see it.i went out 180 i think.

Comment

Originally posted by bahmani381 View Post
                    what was the change? i didn't see it.i went out 180 i think.

Last month 180 would have been a cash with 1300 players, and now it is 135.

Comment

Originally posted by ericnnancy View Post
                      Last month 180 would have been a cash with 1300 players, and now it is 135.
                      thank you umbup: makes things harder.i all ways use 22% for start of pos points.does that change?

Comment

Originally posted by PSO-Staff View Post

Its not gonna lead to a 'higher standard of play'

its just gonna make it more difficult for the players who have figured out how to itm without getting a big stack

Comment

So if 10% payout is more in line with the "real world" when will Pokerstars be changing it's real money tournaments to match? Because currently those pay out about 15%.

Comment

Originally posted by IroncladMerc View Post
                            So if 10% payout is more in line with the "real world" when will Pokerstars be changing it's real money tournaments to match? Because currently those pay out about 15%.
                            PS has some 10%, some 15%, some 20%. Live tournies are mostly 10% (some 8%, some 15%).
                            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

does this effect the points system? 10% is tough i guess this would completely change the look of page one at the of the month

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.