PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Software

Does anyone use poker tracking software? If so, which ones and what are your opinions as far as how it has helped your game?

Last edited by deleted_username; Fri Feb 18, 2011, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I was just checking out Holdem Manager and it looks reallyl nice. But the price for HM and its apps is very expensive. Which apps are the best? And are there any apps that are not really needed?

Comment

I run Poker Tracker 3 and it has paid for itself over and over

All I can say is If you are serious about playing Poker and making $$$$ you should be using HEM or PT3
        Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by o0o0AcEo0o0 View Post
          I was just checking out Holdem Manager and it looks reallyl nice. But the price for HM and its apps is very expensive. Which apps are the best? And are there any apps that are not really needed?
          in live training dave is having a class on this feb 10th

Comment

okay thanks!

Comment

Last edited by deleted_username; Fri Feb 18, 2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TOO2COO View Post
                I run Poker Tracker 3 and it has paid for itself over and over

All I can say is If you are serious about playing Poker and making $$$$ you should be using HEM or PT3
                +1

Very big help to my game as well. Just need a HuD developed for live tables now
                You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

I'm currently using PokerTracker 3 on the 90 day free trial. I have a lot of hands imported, but not really sure what I'm suppose to do with all that information.

Dawn

Comment

I've got a full registered version of PT3 for both Omaha and Holdem and it's paying for itself. I did use the free trials though before I decided to drop the coin for it.

Comment

You should find this very useful.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...old-em-Manager

Comment

Before using any tracker software check out this

5.5. EXTERNAL PLAYER ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS (EPA). PokerStars prohibits those External Player Assistance Programs ("EPA Programs") which are designed to provide an "Unfair Advantage" to players. PokerStars defines "External" to mean computer software (other than the Software), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g. web sites and subscription services). PokerStars defines an "Unfair Advantage" as any instance in which a User accesses or compiles information on other players beyond that which the User has personally observed through the User's own game play. We encourage you to read our Prohibited Online Software FAQ.

there is a long list of allowed and not allowed software be careful some of the ones I heard mentioned here seem to be on the prohibited list

Behanbad

Comment

I was always told that PokerTracker3 was one of the ones that was allowed.

Comment

there is a whole list on this page

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

I'm just saying to check the list carefully make sure they can't come back and bite you .
                            I think this is the key sentence

PokerStars defines an "Unfair Advantage" as any instance in which a User accesses or compiles information on other players beyond that which the User has personally observed through the User's own game play

Read more: Tracking Software - Page 2 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1CxWKhK5Q

behanbad

Comment

The line is usually in whether the external software makes decisions and takes action for the player. If it can run and play without user intervention it is not allowed. PT3 & HEM provide information that assist the player to make decisions but doesn't actually take actions for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.