PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stud Question, poker, not men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stud Question, poker, not men

Exactly how do you determine low in a stud hi/lo game? Today, I had won hi with a pair of aces. I thought I had won low with A3568.
    But PSO gave to my opponent, who had 24679.

Can someone please explain why? Pleeeeeazzzzz? 8O

the low is 8 or better, so you must be mistaken on your opponents hand. he can not qualify for a low with a 9, maybe you kissed a card somewhere, but it goes from highest to lowest. eg: A2348 loses to 34567.......hope this helps,
    jmuzzey

Comment

I pulled the hand history from PSO. You can double check me; it is hand #10059597.

I always thought it was 8 or less too. Also, I thought my Ace low was better than his 2 low. That's why I am so confused.

Thanks for your help, Jmuzzey. Please take a look at the hand and see what I am missing.

Comment

I'll check the hand history in the morning to verify the final result of that hand. However I should note that we discovered a bug with the server dealer program this past evening, that resulted in a one in three chance of showing one incorrect card to other players at a 7-stud showdown. The owner of that hand would see the correct downcards, but other players in the same hand would have a 33% chance of seeing one of their three downcards wrong. I believe Gavin released a fix for this incorrect behavior earlier this evening. So in the hand you mentioned, it's entirely possible that the player actually did have a better low than you did but you did not see the correct final card they had completing that low. Hope that helps.

Comment

Shawn, can we confirm that the actual pot would still have been right and it was only the way it was presented that was wrong? I am also confused about this.

Mark

Comment

Ojude, to determin low you take the hand and read it backwards, lowest hand wins.

EXAMPLES:

A2348 vs 34567
            the 7 is lower than the 8

A3467 vs A3567
            the 4 is lower than 5

u understand? hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by MARK
              Shawn, can we confirm that the actual pot would still have been right and it was only the way it was presented that was wrong? I am also confused about this.
              Confirmed from the server's hand log. At showdown, ojude had a pair of Aces and 8,6,5,3,A low while neknif_98 had high card Queen and 7,6,4,3,2 low. Neknif_98 had the better low in that hand, so they won low while ojude won high. If you did not see that low hand for them then you may have run into that problem yesterday of sometimes showing one downcard incorrectly at showdown. That problem is fixed now.

Comment

Working...
              X