PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LNP help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LNP help

watching LNP last night one hand confused me so any brits please help me out

the hand involded kai lin, pascal, and ALI (in the BB)

kai lin had pocket rockets (button i think) and made a small raise
    he was called by pascal in the SB with A8o

barny boatman (commentating) said if ALI was to call he would be commiting himself to the pot (holding T2s)

now i think the blinds were at 100/200

ALI called then folded to pascals raise on the turn (leaving himself 450 and paying the SB next hand)

i cant imagine this being how it actaully went down as it would be breaking not just fundenmental poker rules but any logical train of thought that anyone could have had.

did kai lin actaully slow play the AA an pascal slow play his A8(he likes his ace rag) therefore making barnys comment about calling wrong.

No, it was raised. Ali was so short he thought about calling for the size of the pot. The call should have committed him to putting rest in on flop. However, he is very survival minded, so he probably called preflop because of the pot and odds of flopping pair, with the intention of folding if he missed the pair. He was right to call in that case, but big mistake to fold I think. If the call didn't commit him, he should have folded preflop. I have seen him play very survival minded when a small stack in previous episodes.

Comment

Working...
    X