PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO Staff....Version 2.14?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO Staff....Version 2.14?????

Mark, Tina, Shawn & Staff.

In thread topic "Poker Software v2.13b" Oct 10th, 2002
    Shawn said............

If you are unsure of which version you have, click on the 'About' button in the lobby. The latest version will show "v2.13b" for the Poker Version. We will be doing a standard release of v2.14 late next week most likely, with the two fixes above and anything else that crops up in the meantime.
    Has version 2.14 been released yet??
    I am still using version 2.12, and I am waiting to update to version 2.14 when it comes out....I had lots of problems installing 2.13b, so wanted to wait until 2.14 came out.

I know Mark had stated eventually we will need to have the new version to play at all.....when will this be??

Will we be notified of when version 2.14 is available and the cutoff date for when the older version will not be acceptable??

Thanks for your help........Ru

Re: PSO Staff....Version 2.14?

Originally posted by RuRu
    Has version 2.14 been released yet??
    I am still using version 2.12, and I am waiting to update to version 2.14 when it comes out....I had lots of problems installing 2.13b, so wanted to wait until 2.14 came out.
    No. There were delays in getting some updated graphics for it, so it took a bit longer than anticipated. I'm aiming at a Monday morning release currently.

I know Mark had stated eventually we will need to have the new version to play at all.....when will this be??
    Two months or so (very approximately) down the line, we will be adding some features to the server that will require new versions of the client. These features will be incompatible with current clients, so everyone will have to update at that time. We don't like having to do this, but it will be unfortunately necessary for certain things.

Will we be notified of when version 2.14 is available and the cutoff date for when the older version will not be acceptable??
    When we release the new server, the old server will be taken down. Simultaneously to this a new client version will be released that everyone must upgrade to in order to connect to the new server. Anyone with an older client will receive an upgrade notice, so you can easily upgrade that way. If you choose not to upgrade and try to use the old client anyway, it will display a message on the login screen about what happened and will not be able to log you in until an upgrade is performed. Nothing to worry about now, this is still months away...

Comment

NOT MONTHS AWAY!!!!!!! 6 weeks max, otherwise heads wil have to roll , cause I will die from having to keep my mouth shut all this time :twisted:

Comment

Working...
      X