PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO CONVENTION CONFIRMED!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO CONVENTION CONFIRMED!!

Today i have received the email i have been waiting for.
    It is now official !!!!!

PokerSchoolOnline's first ever convention will take place on the 9th January (Tournament) and then on the 11th January (Seminar)

If you wish to call the Goldstrike or the Horseshoe to reserve your rooms, then you can go ahead and do so, please do not reference PSO Convention as the booking clerk knows nothing about the convention.
    I have a block of 20 rooms at a reduced rate and i will be arranging a tournament for those members online who will be attending the convention, and i will award the top 20 winners the reduced room rates.

More to come as i go though the long email and set out some daily schedules, but just wanted to get the news out.

Regards
    Tina

YES! YES!

EXCITED? ME?

YOU BETCHA?

POKERGODESS........WOOHOO!!

Shoeless Joe

Comment

Thanks Tina for the date confirmation.

SHOELESS....SHOELESS.....SHOELESS....

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO !!

'Goddess

Comment

Further Evolvement

Tina,

I wonder if at this point it would be appropriate to have some discussion with the students about what they would like to see at the convention. I.e. seminars, dinner w/speakers, separate PSO tourney, golf tourney, etc?

I guess what I would also like to suggest is getting some of the PSO people involved in definition and organization. Delegating some of the task to us. As an example, Pokergoddess works there and is interested so, how about handing off to her (assuming she still wants this) the project of setting up a PSO tourney? Freddieboy with golf?

As a proffessional project manager, I think if you delegate these tasks to the interested PSO members, you'll get some very good results and much less stress.

Comment

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

SHOELESS isn't the only one who is EXCITED!!!!
          !!!!!

Comment

Naive maybe

Sorry for the silly question, but where in the heck is the convention going to be ops: I would love to attend but I am not sure what plane to jump on. Thanks for your time and anyone that would be able to help such a clueless individual.

Comment

Rags,
              COME ON DOWN..OR UP, OR OVER, which ever the case may be...We are meeting during the World Poker Open in Tunica, Ms. Jan. 9th - 11th.
              Keep watching for further details !!

'Goddess

Comment

Bruno,
                I have been and will be happy to help with any arrangements I can.
                I think Win4Win and ShoelessJoe are handling the Golf thing, as this is not a PSO "sanctioned" function, but one they developed, and are organizing on their own, as an adjunct to the convention.
                For what it's worth, I agree with you, that delegation is the easiest way to get premium results.
                I am hoping to post tomorrow, or Friday, some tips on airport ground transportation, and I will be happy to answer any "local" questions as they come up.

'Goddess

Comment

Hi all
                  I just booked my flight and will be there on the 7th. I havent interacted alot on here but am looking forward to meeting you all. It will be fun. Question, is there any cost associated with the convention itself?
                  Zac

Comment

zad,
                    Glad you're gonna make it !! The ONLY info we have that has been confirmed, as of today, are the dates. We have not yet recieved the schedule or any details, but Tina tells me she will be posting them on Thursday.

'Goddess

Comment

yes win4win are doing a great job with the golf i also probably wont be able to play if it is thursday afternoon I hate that but pot limit omaha so i gotta try my; luck at it.

I do have a suggestion tina, if u can set up a time we can have a verbal meeting u tell me when and i will set up a broadcast im sure many would like to discuss the event. just let me know this would save allota typing.

and oh yeah

I'm so excited I just cant hide it I'm about to loose control and i think i like it :lol:

Comment

Freddie,
                        If you think for a minute that I can sit here and listen to you broadcast and can't figure out how to make my mic work...you better be kiddin....lmao
                        YIKES!!! WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO????? 8O

'Goddess

Comment

LOL, goddess have u checked ur mic to make sure u got all that working, does sound come out of ur speakers when u talk on it. we cant have a discussion without u. hey goddess its getting close , anyluck on the hospitality room just a thought if they say no maybe one of the 20 rooms could be the hospitality room, just a thought

Comment

Freddie,
                            It's really not my place to look into any of that, unless I'm asked to by the administration. So I guess we wait and see what all Tina has lined up. She said she would be posting more info on Thurs.

I'm sure I have something hooked up wrong. The speakers and headphone speakers work fine, I just can't get the mic to work, and there's a peck basket of connectors back there...lol

8O

'Goddess

Comment

I plan on attending looking forward to meeting you guys.
                              HAMMER1

Comment

Working...
                              X