Thursday, 28th March 2024 19:57
Home / PSPC / A tough conversation as Spraggy offers Jaffe a last-gasp Platinum Pass

Will Jaffe drifted off in a Delaware hotel room last night, full of Hot Pockets and Miller Lite.

He was in the First State to play some cards, and in between hands, he scrolled through countless Twitter posts composed by players here at the PokerStars Players Championship (PSPC) in the Bahamas.

Did Jaffe secretly wish he was one of them? Or was he truly never happier to be in Delaware?

This morning, we found out.

AN HONEST MISTAKE

Will Jaffe, who goes by @dankness3 on Twitter, is a poker grinder who won a World Series of Poker bracelet in 2012 for $500K. 

He’s known for his “tough conversations”, a series of tongue-in-cheek monologues calling out people in the poker industry.

Here’s an example:

The thing is, he recently had one with PokerStars.

It turns out that someone in the PokerStars social media team had accidentally blocked Jaffe on Twitter. Jaffe raised the issue and was swiftly unblocked. An apology was offered, and everyone moved on. Kind of.

Jaffe just had one ambitious request…a Platinum Pass.

Incredibly, Jaffe’s tough conversation worked and PokerStars asked Benj “Spraggy” Spragg to inform him of the good news.

The Team Pro did so through gritted teeth.

“If it was up to me, this would not be happening”

“I think you knew eventually that this video was coming,” Spraggy says. 

“This week you were on [Twitter] and were blocked by PokerStars–an honest mistake, from what I’m told–and you start throwing your toys out of your pram. C’mon, you know you’re better than that.

“I’m down here in the Bahamas at the PokerStars Players Championship, trying to gamble–which I know you love–and I’ve got to make a video for you.

Spraggy's having a swell time at the PCA/PSPC

Spraggy’s having a swell time at the PCA/PSPC

“The powers at be at PokerStars–and trust me when I say this, if it was up to me, this would not be happening–they say if you can get to the Bahamas in the next day or so, we have a Platinum Pass for you.

“I’ll even buy you a beer when you get here. Unbelievable.”

So, Will Jaffe now has just a couple of days to make the necessary arrangements and find his way to the Caribbean.

Awaiting him will be a hotel room, expenses, and entry to the biggest $25K tournament of all time.

Oh, and Spraggy with a cold bottle of Kalik.

The $25,000 buy-in PSPC begins on Monday, January 30.

MORE ABOUT THE PSPC

Study Poker with Pokerstars Learn, practice with the PokerStars app