PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

omaha high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omaha high

is there software specific to omaha high pot limit
    and is omaha high taught here

There is only good (Wilson) software on LIMIT Omaha high. For POT-LIMIT, I know there is software (non-commercially, created by players) available, but from what I've heard it is not really good. What's more, simulations and hand match-ups can be done on Wilson's limit software, and this is a great way to improve your play. I don't know if Omaha high is being taught on this site by others; I only know that in four or five months I will be ready to discuss Omaha play in my lessons program, and I might start earlier on this forum in the practice hand series. Take care, Magnolia, and good luck to you,
    Rolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf
      I only know that in four or five months I will be ready to discuss Omaha play in my lessons program, and I might start earlier on this forum in the practice hand series
      Rolf.
      Hi Rolf. Here at PSO we're somewhat lacking in big-bet tuition (rather strange for a big-bet oriented site, but there you go). If it's not a bit cheeky, might it be possible to consider some PLO or maybe PLO8 lessons? Just a thought.

Regards

Glenn

Comment

I don't know if Omaha high is being taught on this site by others; I only know that in four or five months I will be ready to discuss Omaha play in my lessons program, and I might start earlier on this forum in the practice hand series. Take care, Magnolia, and good luck to you,
        No form of big-bet poker is being taught. There is a wealth of limit holdem material, mostly unoriginal. Not much limit stuff on other games though. Barry Tanenbaum seems to have original material for limit poker covered with his planned series of lessons. I think the school students would benefit greatly if you concentrated on the big-bet/omaha area of your expertise.

Comment

Working...
        X