PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah Yes, Poker School

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah Yes, Poker School

Ah yes, Poker School

The things I like about Poker School. Text books are optional, but recommended. No term papers, but lots of daily tests. They grade on a curve. Even if you fail miserably, you do get some credit. But best of all, unlike any other school in which I have participated, neither proper grammar nor spelling is graded.

After several months at the site I have come to realize just how much of a private (pay-to-play) school this is, and isn’t, and in some ways represents a prison, where unlike a prison, we are “happy captives”.

First we have the School Board represented by Mark and Tina, who see the “big picture,” but day-to-day operations are left to the inmates. A lot of inmates think the Board is out of touch, I mean Spain is a little remote.

And who are the inmates that run the prison, why you and I of course. And some fine inmates we are.

So who’s the principal? Good question, but it just might be Pokergoddess. She seems to be the one who tries to cool ruffled feathers, and cast oil to calm the waters. I think that’s what principals do. Vice principal (disciplinarian) none. Which does lead back to the inmates happily running the prison. (To her great credit, PG has taken the lead in helping everyone with the up coming visit to Tunica. For that, I know she is greatly appreciated by all who will be attending.)

Head of the math department? Well, there is some contention for the post. We have Minpin, Noodles, AZhardballz all vieing mightily for that prestigious chair.

History department? Yes, the great note taker Ironsides.

Culinary arts? "Spades" who was cooking up some Brazilian iguana with piranhna sauce delicacy the other night (I think that what I understood Alex to be doing).

Of course we have our foreign exchange students, whose cultural backgrounds and habits leave some of us scratching our heads. Some inmates cast disparaging remarks, while others are supportive of our multi-cultural campus.

Of course there is the school Homecoming Queen, who everyone just seems to fawn over…whose initials in part are HB. Just where is our football team (do we get to play the Pentagon like Norte Dame)? Then there is the class hunk, or is it Huk, sniffing after the HQ. And where does this seem to leave BlackAces, who just might be the class president and teammate of HB? (Almost a soap opera in the making.)

Editor of the school newspaper and consummate wag, you got it, the Hazyone. One of his recent satiric editorials brought consternation to the activist portion of the student body, which did prompt the Principal to step in.

Of course no school can be complete without its wizened professor of antiquities. Your guess is as good as mine Geezer.

Class valedictorian appears to be Apryllshowers, who is there because no foreign students allowed.

Well, I for one am confused. I thought we were here to improve our poker playing skills. But we are here, apparently, to improve other peoples’ skills and manners.

Maybe the problem lies in our means of communications. Maybe in fact we ought to say less. I was once told, “If you have nothing to say, don’t prove it by opening your mouth” (or in this case, running your fingers over the keyboard).

In most schools I have attended, the teacher leads the class, not the students. Disruptive students, in fact are removed from class. Rude students are counseled about behavior. At this school, the only discipline is peer pressure.

So where is all this going you ask? To the Vice Principal’s office, of course. I nominate myself for the position of Vice Principal (aka site disciplinarian). I am fair minded, a mild mannered chatter, and have a great dislike for rude and disruptive behavior. I would need the support of the School Board in giving me powers to unilaterally oust people from the table for verbal (actually written) and playing abuse. I require the discretion to take all of a player’s chips for playing 72o UTG as it gets no ruder than that.

Oh, I just have a couple of questions before I accept the position. What’s the school alma mater, when’s Spring Break, and will any of the “threads” be on the final exam?

School Board, please advise, I have other offers pending.

Your smugly ignorant one...Beeker

Head of the math department? Well, there is some contention for the post. We have Minpin, Noodles, AZhardballz all vieing mightily for that prestigious chair.
    The misconception that I know anything about math is a total myth. I think my true role in the school is leader of the school cult, or is it to just be smugly superior? I can't remember. Personally, I think I should be the homecoming queens boyfriend

Comment

i will not allow any person any power over me that refuses my right to raise with 72o or any other 2 cards from any postion i want to when i feel the table is right for that move.

but you can expell me from the school for calling with rags at the wrong time.

Comment

head of maths, is of course......me.
        god i'm so offended.
        I am also head of all lateral thinking,and organiser of lists!

I am also the most humble person here..by far.

CLAY

Comment

You left TrumpingJoe out of the Math department.

Noodles is the theory guy; TJ is the applied math guy.

Randy

Comment

and minpin head of statistics

Comment

ops: Randy, talk to the Principal. Now sit down. :lol:

Comment

I will refrain from comment, because my "position" requires that I work closely with the VP...but I have forwarded my reccomendation to the Board. :wink:

Contrary to popular belief, a principal is not required to wear her hair in a bun, wire rimmed glasses, and ol lady shoes ! I do so, because I like em!! 8O

'Goddess

P/S funneee post Beeker

Comment

Originally posted by aha12877
                  and minpin head of statistics
                  No, that's me.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Noodles
                    Personally, I think I should be the homecoming queens boyfriend
                    I challenge thee to a duel!! 8O 8O

Chris

Comment

Noodles wrote:
                      BlackAces wrote:
                      I challenge thee to a duel!!
                      I will be happy to toss my hankie into the middle (is this what the fair maiden is supposed to do? 8O ) as long as it is after Spring Break cos' I already promised the football team I would teach them how to play Hold 'Em (at least I think this is what they asked me to do 8O 8O )

Comment

I'm Confused.

I thought he said "the homecoming boyfriend's queen." Oh well, I'll have to re-read that particular message.

But I have to warn you, Black Aces, as the official Sargent at Arms of Omaholics Anonymous, that all OAers must avoid engaging ourselves with the squabbles of mere hold'emites!

Please maintain a level of decorum appropriate for the President of OA - and disengage!

"that's once!!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackAces
                          I challenge thee to a duel!! 8O 8O
                          I'm not sure I want it that much 8O 8O

OK. Then, I accept, but I aint taking on the football team as well

All-in showdown Omaha hi. I pick AcAsJcTs, as my weapons of choice. You can pick any 4 of the other 48. Best of 1000. I think that's fair. Good luck

PS. I am an omaha novice. As I was kind enough to pick your game, I thought it only fair I have first pick of the cards. It is your game right? Was it a good pick?

Comment

I thought he said "the homecoming boyfriend's queen."
                            Who's been talking? Whatever they said, I am pretty sure it aint true. I have only wore a dress that one time. Honest.

Comment

All-in showdown Omaha hi. I pick AcAsJcTs, as my weapons of choice. You can pick any 4 of the other 48. Best of 1000. I think that's fair. Good luck
                              Very well. I pick 8h8d7h6d.

I should warn you, though, that since you picked the starting cards, I get to pick the deck...I pick a standard non-euchre deck, which, of course, has all of the nines, tens, jacks, queens, kings and aces removed.

As zey say een my country, bonne chance.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X