PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More amazed everyday here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic More amazed everyday here!

More amazed everyday here!

OK...I read most everything in the forum, and I get more amazed over the UNMITIGATED GALL that people show here, everyday. No ONE....and I repeat NO ONE...not even Mark, who never has, by the way, has ANY RIGHT TO QUESTION WHY SOMEONE HAS DECIDED TO SPEND THEIR MONEY TO PLAY HERE !!! Furthermore, you're being a pretentious ASS, when you tell someone that they wasted, or could better spend their money.
    STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT !!
    Do you actually have the nerve to tell people how to manage their free time or their money in other aspects of their life, or does the annonimity and/or being a poker player somehow bestow this right upon you?
    People do things for different reasons....they don't owe you an explanation, they don't have to justify to you, unless you're paying their bills. It doesn't even matter why someone joined PSO...just as it doesn't matter why someone decides to show up at the local cardroom to play. Let me ask you this, when a player does something you don't like in live play...do you question WHY they play, or TELL them how to better spend their money, or DEMAND that they justify their behavior? Guess what? Some real live human beings show up in your local cardroom to LEARN TO PLAY or IMPROVE their play. Do you think you have the right to treat them and speak to them the same way?
    Just because this forum gives you an outlet to vent your frustration, that doesn't mean it puts you in charge of directing peoples lives. Of all the NERVE !
    I rarely get upset enough to go to this extreme, but frankly, I'm just sick of people here thinking that the world owes them an explanation! There are some very valuable posts here, wtih a lot of good input, about poker. This crap, and yes it's crap, about constantly questioning WHY someone plays here, and HOW they should be here to LEARN...is getting very, very, very tiresome. Accept the fact that people will always do what they want. Hell, for all you know, they may be in the middle of having sex during the great hand you have and they beat you....you want to know the detals of that too? Yeah, that's a ridiculous assertion, but for kripes sake, get a grip...not everyone is so caught up in every inth degree of analysis that they want to weigh every single thing they do here, in case they be challenged to justify every move to you.

IF THE SHOE FITS .....WEAR IT !!! :evil:

'Goddess

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Debonair
    I'll meet you all at high noon. I'll be the one selling the pearl handled revolvers.
    To misquote the infamous General George S. Patton, "Pearl handles? Heck boy, only a whore in a Louisiana cathouse carrys a pearl handled gun. These are ivory..." :P

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    just call me Robbie.....

'life through a lense'

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Clay Knight
    Noodles, you'll have to wait for the video release
    Please tell me it's just Kelly that's starring in the video. 8O You are only the cameraman right? :wink: Though it's still a nice job if you can get it

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by gatorhb
    Quote:
    they may be in the middle of having sex during the great hand you have and they beat you....you want to know the detals of that too?
    Noodles wrote:
    You know, I think I would
    Well if you promise not to tell anyone else....... :lol: :lol:
    Woohoo. Result

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by rggator
    This has gotten me all worked up, and I'm rather Randy right now.
    I have heard rumours that you are permanently randy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Huk, the books you need to read are:

"Positional Poker for Advanced Players: A guide to proper postion in the bedroom, at the table and on the table." by Malmuth, Sklansky and Zee.

"Holdem: What to do after the loving is gone," by Charlie Rich.

"Dr. Ruth's Guide to Omaha 8 or Better."

"Fear of Folding," by Erica Jong.

I hope this helps Huk.

This has gotten me all worked up, and I'm rather Randy right now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'll meet you all at high noon. I'll be the one selling the pearl handled revolvers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wait, i think I'm not sure what the sex part was about...
    Are people having sex AND WINNING at the same time?
    Please post your strategies...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    minpin...i didnt name anybody either...just said IMHO it is wrong to do so publicly :lol:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Impossible to rationale and reason....I give up!!
    Have fun y'all !

'Goddess

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I never called anyone out publicly.

I asked for people's opinion on the ethics of saying something like "I have to leave soon" followed by maniacal type play, raising and reraising at every opportunity.

I didn't name anybody.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think....

If someone has a problem with someone else they should handle it privately, and not post it on the forum. That goes the same for bitching about how people should play here too. I think if you have to resort to calling someone out publicly, you are basically asking for people to take sides, that is a disservice to the great poker school we have here !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    pokergoddess minpins thread was about someone saying they were leaving raising and then staying after making alot of chips with a few poor hands this was where my comments were made which you moved to a new thread.

there is a big difference between me looking at my watch seeing its 10 minutes to last orders in the pub sitting with a short stack THINKING to myself "ok i'll go all in with this 75o if lose i'll go to pub if i dont i'll stay" and telling a table "i have to go " then raising every single hand getting lucky and then saying ok i'll give pub a miss and play.

as i have stated i have no objections to anyone playing anything however they want to. but i do object to people cjip dumping or annoucing there chip dumping.

and a player that says "i dont care if i win or lose or if my % goes up or down or if i have to refill 15 times a day i am just here for a giggle " then i feel i have the right to question if a pokerschool is the right place for them.
    i dont have the right of an answer but i have the right to ask.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well. obviously, the real problem here is that in the UK people have certain rights bestowed upon them that the rest of us don't !....lol

P/S Ironsides, my entire education was privately financed, not public, not free...and I still don't think it gave me the right to chastise anyones behavior.

Now, I will say, I don't like the idea of someone needing to leave and intentionally dumping chips, and I don't think anyone would disagree with this, obviously, that's why there is a post and fold option. But, that being said. I don't think that was the case here, and I don't think that is the jest of this thread. But, even with that being said. To say that it "ruins" your experience, is, perhaps a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, it can tip the scales, but not much differently than when some of the "maniac/loose" players get called when they raise all in, or make big raise, by a better hand and that player doubles up, due to the bad play. Just becuase a "samz" (no offnse to samz, merely used as an obvious example) raises with the worst of it and ends up donating his chips to a players AK and hasn't announced that he's leaving....his chips are still in the stack of another player. I'm only sorry when people do things like "announce" they are leaving, that I don't find myself with enough of a hand to call them with.

P/S to Mark....
    Thanks for your input here !

'Goddess

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.