PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 player Tourneys??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 player Tourneys??

We used to have at least 1 100 player Tourney a night (usually a NLHE game) what has happened? is the school population shrinking? is there to many Tourn. choices? or don't players like to play these large T's? does anyone know? also how can we find out what the "actuall" monthly enrollment is?

Tony D

and FYI... the WPO warmup this afternoon had over 240 people in it.

I remember once wining a tournament with 287 starters (during the beta test, not the school).

But for sure, the average people in tournaments had dwindled. If you look at final table % on the PSO Detail, you'll see that for almost every player their final table % has gone up... yet a lot of their cumulative % has gone down! There are several tournaments a day with less than 20 starters.

My guess is it's a factor of many more tourneys being available. There used to be ONE $200 tourney a week, on Friday nights. That tourney used to get over 100 every time.

How about having two tourneys a week, one on Friday and one on Saturday, with $500 buyins (or even $1000)?

I remember the early days when refills were only $100 and you had to bust your butt on a Friday to get the "roll" to play in the big event . I remember taking a quiz 4 times, not even reading the questions because I just needed $10 more and only had about 3 minutes until tournament time.

Comment

i think a lot of students and x-students have lost interest. the school is a fine place to pick up your game, but the administration has been slow in impliminting changes the players have asked for. i wish i had waited a year before joining. there have been way to many problems that have not been fixed.

Comment

by my reckoning (adding up the total league members) in september we had 482 active members
        we need a lot more and hopefully the wpo will bring some in
        the $200 buyins are the only school tourneys ive played in with more than 50 entries
        how about knocking all the ex-members off the lists

Comment

I would love to see a £1000 entry fee, once a week, or 2 weeks, or month, whatever, I would just enjoy playing in it, and I'm sure this would be very popular.

Hopefully the X members can be removed, this would also be important for Minpin's list, to have a list that shows your actual position, out of every ACTIVE school member, would be very useful.
          If we could remove APRYLLSHOWERS from the lists as well sort of by mistake, it would be a lot fairer for us humans.

CLAY

Comment

Originally posted by fidget
            by my reckoning (adding up the total league members) in september we had 482 active members...
            For September 566 players played at least 5 multi table events according to the data I extracted to compile the PSOQ.

From the rankings table (mutli-tourns from the drop down list) 670 have played at least 1 event this month. If we assume that 75% have played so far that puts current membership at ~900.

Comment

Clay,

When I write the import routine using the cumulative table I will eliminate anybody with a $0 bankroll. That is a sure sign they no longer play at PSO.

If an active player just happens to have $0 at the time of import, they will just be picked up the next time the import runs and they have had a refill.

Comment

Hopefully the X members can be removed, this would also be important for Minpin's list, to have a list that shows your actual position, out of every ACTIVE school member
                Why?

Comment

Why?
                  "Player X" joines PSO for one month and plays 30 tournaments - gets a 78% for the month. Then quits.

That player is forever in the cumulative table, bumping everyone below him/her down one notch. Others have virtually no chance to catch that person. Imagine the top 50 in the cumulative table all being people that don't play here any more...

Comment

Imagine the top 50 in the cumulative table all being people that don't play here any more...

Ghostly, indeed..

Comment

x1,x2........x10 are in the rankings but are from what i gather just bot players used for clearing games from the schedule and testing purposes.

Comment

That player is forever in the cumulative table, bumping everyone below him/her down one notch. Others have virtually no chance to catch that person. Imagine the top 50 in the cumulative table all being people that don't play here any more...
                        I meant being removed from your PSO detail rather than the cumulative. I mean, say someone had played 1000 events and then left the school. Why not keep them on PSO detail?

Aren't the cumulative rankings being reset at the start of every year from now anyway?

Comment

I guess most probably don't care about the results of someone who's not here any more.

I could leave them in - but the PSO Detail's original intent was for individuals to be able to analyze their own results better. Someone no longer at PSO doesn't know the detail reports even exist.

I think any running "ranking list" regardless of what it is should exclude those who are no longer playing. Kind of like the ATP tour... if you are ranked number five in the world and retire you don't get to keep your ranking forever

Incidentally I'm running the mass import right now. According to the data so far, there are 756 players in the cumulative table who have had a minimum of 25 tournaments and bankroll greater than 0. I noticed there are a few (Samz for one) who hasn't refilled yet today and was excluded because of the $0 BR.

Comment

I agree that all inactive players should be removed from the lists

Comment

all inactve players should not be deleted...Just noted as such.....if they are deleted they are less likely to rejoin, thinking that they have been dissed.

Tony D

Comment

Working...
                              X