PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Client v2.16 released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client v2.16 released

VERSION 2.16 -- THURSDAY, JANUARY 16TH

- Many updated graphics throughout the software, matching the new lounge and tournament information screens

- Menu bar added to the lounge, with "Lobby", "Options", and "Help" menus. The About button has been moved to the Help/About menu item, and similarly for the FAQ button.

- Reduced the base memory used by the lounge significantly

- When losing connection to the server, all tables and windows will be shut down and the login screen will be shown again along with the error that occurred. This should greatly reduce the amount of time needed to get back into games after an ISP disconnect. A 'Log off this user' option was also added to the Lobby menu, allowing for logging out to the login screen instead of exiting completely.

- In limit 7-card stud (including HiLo), the first player to raise after the bring-in is now said to 'Complete' rather than 'Raise' the bet

- At showdowns, the Play chat log message for when a player shows their hand has been modified to include their downcards

- Revised "Get Chips" screen for ring games, with more error checking and reporting as well as information about minimum chips and maximum buy-ins when appropriate

- The ring games tabs in the lobby now include a Stakes column, which is the default sort column

- Fixed a bug with client hand evaluation that would sometimes incorrectly report the high card in a straight flush if the player also had another (higher) straight

- Fixed a bug that caused the lobby and tournament information screens to update slowly under Java 1.3 only

- Fixed a bug that prevented players from entering their bet amount manually in Pot Limit and No Limit games

- Fixed a bug that resulted in out of order chat log messages when the bring-in player for 7-card stud went all-in on the bring-in

Just downloaded the update, get lobby screen O.K. but when attempting to log-in connection is refused. What should I do?

Eldon

Comment

Wait for the server to come back up. You're not the only one.

Chris

Comment

Support-
        Is there anyway we can find out if the server is down without having to come to the forum and see that everyone else is down also. I don't know what you call it, but i have seen it on other sites a screen where it tells you if the server is down. Or even a Pop-up that says "server down" when you try to log on, instead of "Java socket error......"

Thank you - Mic....

Comment

Help ther server has fallen and can't get up! and during the $100 limit game! Now 12:04pm and ...

Comment

It came up long enough to start the 100 limit game? I missed it. but then again,, i didn't miss it very much.

Comment

2 questions

1. Any reason why i wouldnt have the "moving" balance bar since ive downloaded the update? I dont seem to have that feature now.

2. I played a 7 stud tournament today and noticed at the 300/600 limits someone bet all-in for $20 and the next player was allowed to raise $600. The raiser should only be allowed to complete the bet to $600 instead of raising if I am not mistaken. Could someone please check into this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by win4win
                1. Any reason why i wouldnt have the "moving" balance bar since ive downloaded the update? I dont seem to have that feature now.
                You have Java 1.3, which does not support this. You can upgrade to Java 1.4 by downloading the full installation from http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-software/PPSsetup.exe.

Originally posted by win4win
                2. I played a 7 stud tournament today and noticed at the 300/600 limits someone bet all-in for $20 and the next player was allowed to raise $600. The raiser should only be allowed to complete the bet to $600 instead of raising if I am not mistaken. Could someone please check into this?
                No clue offhand, but will check into it.

Comment

Working...
                X