PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with upgrade

I upgraded and got a FATAL ERROR

Fatal: joker.gif was not preloaded + more.

Can anyone tell me what happened?

PR

ME TOO

Comment

Gavin sent this email internally. But I thought it would be a good idea to post it here. This shouldn't be necessary for most users. But just in case you are having problems, try this:
      -----
      Tim just told me that someone he advised to do the reinstall was still
      having problems -- it sounds like they actually just reinstalled from an old version, so here are instructions you can copy & paste to anyone on doing a "clean" reinstall:

1) Uninstall the software
      - Click Start Menu->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.
      Find PokerPages Software in
      the list and click Remove.
      - Just to be sure, delete any of the old files that are still
      on your computer. Double-click My Computer, C:, Progam Files.
      Right-click PokerPages Software and choose Delete. (NOTE: this
      is assuming you installed in the default location
      C:\Program Files\PokerPages Software).

2) Delete any old installers (PPSsetup.exe) that may be on your
      computer.

- To find them follow the instructions here:

http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-soft...#find-download
      - When you get to the final step, right-click each PPSsetup that
      appears in the list and choose Delete.

3) Download the new installer.
      - Click the link below and save the file on your computer where
      you can find it later.

http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-soft...M/PPSsetup.exe

4) Double-click PPSsetup.exe (which you just downloaded) and follow
      the instructions.

Comment

Version 2.15b is now released, which should fix the fatal error those using 800x600 screen resolution have been getting. Those with the fatal error have three options to resolve it:

1) Obtain the update manually by clicking Start Menu->Programs->PokerPages Software->Check for updates from the internet. This should launch the update program directly (bypassing the fatal error in the client), and once it installs version 2.15b you will be back to normal.

2) Change your screen resolution to 1024x768 or higher. You will then be able to run the software as usual, which should prompt you to download the 2.15b update.

To set your screen resolution to 1024x768 or higher -- right-click the Desktop, choose Properties, click the Settings tab, and move the Screen Area slider to 1024x768. After receiving and installing the update, you may change your resolution back to 800x600 and restart the client.

3) Perform a full reinstall of the software. Follow the normal steps at http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-software/download.htm

Comment

Working...
        X