PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I wrong?

I just noticed that anyone can download the poker school software for free and play the poker school freeroll satellites and freeroll multi table tournies. I assume this applies to the ring game in poker school as well. Since these freerolls often have money added it follows that a non-member could accumulate a bankroll which would (?) allow non-members to enter sats. and multies that require a buy-in. Am I wrong on this? Do non-members get a ranking etc? Do they have access to the members forum?

According to the Saturday, Jan. 4/03 schedule as of 7:50 pm cst
    1 multi $400.00
    1 multi 50.00
    1 multi freeroll 500.00 added

6 $30.00 satellites
    3 freeroll satellites $50.00 added

Fully one third of the poker school events allow non-members. Am I missing something here? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this situation. I am under the impression that membership is loosing some of its value.

There I got it of my chest, I feel much better now.

The best I can tell you is that the School satillites and Tournaments operate with the same software that provides the Fun-Play (pokerdollars satillite and tournaments).

You must be a dues paying member to play the PSO tournaments and satillites to score in the rankings to qualify for PSO dollars bonuses. The freeroll events you see are for school member (not the general public) to enter at no PSO bankroll and allows those who play well to add to the bankroll when they aren't eligible to re-supply their bankroll.

Pokerdollars (fun play) area is for everyone. The fun-play side has a different system for tracking the results of their players. The best fun play players are granted 1,2, or 3 months of school (monthly for the top 3?)

Comment

Re: Am I wrong?

Originally posted by Big.Ben
      I just noticed that anyone can download the poker school software for free and play the poker school freeroll satellites and freeroll multi table tournies. I assume this applies to the ring game in poker school as well.
      No they can't. Nobody but school members can play the freeroll pokerschool satellites and tournaments. However, they can play the fun play satellites and tournaments highlighted in pink. These are completely seperate from the school, and anyone can play in them, member or not.

Since these freerolls often have money added it follows that a non-member could accumulate a bankroll which would (?) allow non-members to enter sats. and multies that require a buy-in. Am I wrong on this?
      Yes, don't worry about it. You are confusing fun play events highlighted in pink, with school freerolls highlighted in white.

Do non-members get a ranking etc? Do they have access to the members forum?
      No, not on pokerschool online. But they do get a ranking and access to the forums over at pokerpages. As does any poker school member and anyone else on the internet.

According to the Saturday, Jan. 4/03 schedule as of 7:50 pm cst
      1 multi $400.00
      1 multi 50.00
      1 multi freeroll 500.00 added

6 $30.00 satellites
      3 freeroll satellites $50.00 added
      These are all exclusive to school members. Non-members can only play in tournaments highlighted in pink and with the words 'fun play' in front of the name.

The school freerolls are for those with a low/no school bankroll.

Fully one third of the poker school events allow non-members. Am I missing something here? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this situation. I am under the impression that membership is loosing some of its value.
      Basically, all poker school tournaments are exclusive to fee paying members. Fun-play tournaments are available to everyone, and are completely seperate to school tournaments, and the pokerschoolonline site. The fun-play side is connected to pokerpages and all the rankings for the fun side can be found there.

Members can play in either tournaments, though fun-play results will be recorded at pokerpages and not PSO. Non-members can only play in fun play tournaments.

All the fun-play events seperate from the school are shown in the software lobby highlighted in a pink colour. You can hide these from view by going to settings and unticking 'show fun play events'.

Comment

What noodles said

Comment

Awesome explaination Noodles :mrgreen:

Nice Job

zexxal

Comment

Am I wrong?

Thanks guys, I can relax now knowing that I only have to worry about the maniacs in the school :lol: :wink:

Comment

Working...
            X