PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

schools gone to far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schools gone to far

has the members taken the school part of this too far

the childish posts of recent weeks are just the start the flooding of the chat box in which alot of players use for info is also getting out of hand

when asking if people would mind not flooding the chat the answer

S
    O
    R
    R
    Y

is just childish and plain rude to the players as the player flooding wasn't even playing on that table.

yes lets keep the school fun but the recent stuff going on here is worst the the kids that used to mess around on the chat server i used to work on

Huh?

Comment

He's saying that someone was flooding the chat, typing nonsense stuff making it difficult to have a meaningful conversation at the table. When he asked them to please stop flooding the chat, they proceeded to type, one letter at a time

S
      O
      R
      R
      Y

which was in fact even more flooding...

Comment

and then others followed with more...

It was childish and funny

Here's my favorite Geezer quote of all time:

"If children aren't allowed here, then I quit"

...aloha

Comment

and then others followed with more...

It was childish and funny
          Obviously at least one person didn't find it funny. Ever been trying to chat with someone and have text flooding the screen so that it basically makes it impossible to talk?

There's nothing fun about it.

Comment

Gist of conversation:
            G
            A
            T
            O
            R
            !
            !

C
            H
            I
            N
            O

Ironside complains
            S
            O
            R
            R
            Y

I mean COME ON!! I don't complain when people flood the chat with excruciatingly boring bad beat stoories from other tables!!

Iron, it went all for all of 30seconds....

Comment

Oh, Huk said more joined in after the "SORRY" part.

Comment

Even beyond the obviously childish stuff like the S-O-R-R-Y thing, people are abusing the chat. I was at a table where there was a one sided discussion of another card game for about 30 minutes straight. I'm talking a half a screen worth between hands. It was insane. There are plenty of chat utilities freely available. Please use one if you're going to get off topic for a while.

Comment

M
                  Y

B
                  A
                  D
                  !
                  !

(C'mon hb, fess up! my rep for awlays being right is on the line here!)

Comment

the problem is when people add lines of chat older info from previous hands are lost never to be seen again

this is a school and i was trying to make notes of a hand of intrest which suddenly want there any more

yes it might have seemed funny but typing in 20+ lines of chats removes 20+ lines of info

when doing in such a way to flood the screeen there is no time to for people to read thru the chat to make notes mental or written.

now i could have been childish and clicked time for the next 10 minutes till i got all the notes down that i wanted but out of respect for the other players i didn't

when i asked for people to stop doing it i felt a total lack of respect for me in the reply

S
                    O
                    R
                    R
                    Y

L
                    O
                    L

hehe
                    hehe
                    hehe

this was not just childish it was plain rude.

Comment

This also violates the schools Terms Of Service, that every member agreed to before signing up.

Report them next time Ironside.

Sometimes people need to be reminded there are repercussions for there absurd behavior.

Comment

I

F
                        E
                        E
                        L

T
                        E
                        R
                        R
                        I
                        B
                        L
                        E

A
                        B
                        O
                        U
                        T

I
                        T

Comment

But seriously...It's like what old Hippies say about organizing Rainbow Gatherings (a whole seperate thing I'm sure not gonna get into here...)

If it's not fun anymore then why the hell are you still doing it?

Perhaps we should be a SERIOUS INSTITUTE OF POKER SCHOLASTICS. Tina can wear her hair in a tight bun and Mark can wear a tweed suit with a watch fob and yell, "if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!" at everyone. We will all sit at our comps with our hands neatly folded in front of us until it is our turn to act (spit out that gum this instant!!) When prompted, we will chant in unison "Fold JK offsuit."

I don't pay my $$ to this site to be patronized by the smugly superior. If I'm not playing at the standards of some vastly intelligent poker God with a photographic memory and a warehouse knowledge of stats and probabilities, well, put me in the corner with a dunce cap on. I will agonize over my pitiful failings and swear to do nothing but write like David Sklansky and play like a Stars Bot from now on...

...hey! This K6 is suited...!

Comment

Dang, Adam!!! you open so many possibilities for off topic
                            replies that i am too overwhelmed to address any of them :lol:

But for future reference:

"old hippies"
                            "Rainbow Gatherings"
                            "Pink Floyd songs"
                            "JK offsuit"

We could start with "Several species of small furry animals
                            gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict"

(oh, wait, that IS off topic, isn't it?) ...aloha

Comment

This also violates the schools Terms Of Service, that every member agreed to before signing up.

Report them next time Ironside.

Sometimes people need to be reminded there are repercussions for there absurd behavior.
                              8O 8O

Totally unecessary Adam and Huk!!

Hey! If I am getting kicked out, I am taking a lot of people with me!! I will name names!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X