PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the rankings be reseted??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the rankings be reseted??

Please let me know :P

I have overheard from before that the comulative rankings will be reseted, is that true?

Doesn´´t seems like that...or?

For gods sake i hope the bankrolls will be there they are...

//Mattias

in e-mails with Mark he told me that they would be doing something with the rankings but that they would not be touching the bankrolls

Scott the Fierce lsogc

Comment

Well, my monthly has been reset.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Peace, Starrs LSOGC E2C

Comment

Although I've done reasonably well for a relative beginner, I suppose, I sure wouldn't mind a frest start for the new year - just don't touch my (meager) stack!

Dan
        "Windlord"

Comment

We are currently working on the rankings. It is true that the rankings will be started from scratch for January 2003.

The bankrolls will NOT be touched.
          Mark

Comment

Allow me once again to make a case for some additional stats to be added. Instead of the weekly, monthly, cumulative averages a system with 4, 13, 26 and 52 week rolling averages allow better tracking of performance. Fixed period averages are quite useless early in a period. Dropping one week and adding another reduces the 'bounce' associated with such resets.

Also providing a breakout by game is beneficial. If computational resources are an issue, immediate updates is needed only for the sponsored leagues. The other files could be updates 2 or 3 times per week.

Comment

The rankings have now been reset.

Chris

Comment

Joe, here is what I am going to do. Right now we are up against it in terms of spare time. However, I agree with your argument and I have just discussed it with Gavin.

We started the new rankings as you know yesterday. When we get to the end of March we are going to implement a 3 month rolling average. At the same time Gavin will implement a 6 month and 12 month choice in the search.

We will not change the current monthly leagues. They will still run from the beginning to the end of every month. I guess I can also get Gavin to add a 1 month rolling average and maybe these will all show on the members page for everyone.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the update Mark.

Great news!

Comment

Thanks Mark sounds great

Comment

Working...
                    X