PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seperate Omahacrap & NLHE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seperate Omahacrap & NLHE

I would like to see omaha rankings kept seperate from NLHE in the leagues many people have told me and some even brag how easy it is to win omaha tournaments here cause there are not many good omaha players. Therefore i would like to see a seperate league for omaha players and not count the results in the leagues for NLHE.

Thief 21
    Banning Omaha & Keeping PSO Pure
    Chapter President

Deleted.

Comment

Why do people hate what they dont understand?

Comment

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL GAL

Is someone struggling with Omaha????

Who are these Braggers????

Last time I checked this site was called POKER SCHOOL ONLINE not

NLHE SCHOOL ONLINE

Anyway Good luck with your crusade (besides the other one where you try to egg people on to playing Pogue Heads UP).

LOL

Glen

Comment

LOL, the whole crusade is tongue in cheek. As for egging people on it is fun to watch pogue go to work. But seperating the two games I think would give a more accurate % of all the players

Thief 21

Comment

Check the players pso detail.

--Matt--

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Looks like Mats is better than Apryll in just about everything :lol:

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodles
                    Looks like Mats is better than Apryll in just about everything :lol:
                    Looks like you are going to have to be stripped of your:

AIASC Membership

Its been nice knowing you.

Comment

Nooooooo!!

Apryll wins hands down in that department zip.

Comment

For my first post of 2003 I will repeat what I said in my first post of 2002-- the ranking system, although pretty good, is not a true indicator of PSO success. Unfortunately, that whole debate was deleted, so I can not even post a link and I certainly am not going to go through that argument again.

I am a firm believer in going for the money. My goal is to make top 3, and if that appears impossible, I try to assure myself of a cash before opening up and taking a shot at getting lucky.

In all of the B&M tournaments I played in 2002, the money was usually final 2 tables. In the online pay tournaments, money is generally final table.

Once you get into the money, ladder moves are pretty worthless until you get to the top 5 or so. $50 and $100 a move is nice, and I don't hate money, but seriously, are you flying out to Tunica to take a $50 ladder move or to take a shot at the big money? That one time your aggressive gambling pays off with a win makes up for 100-200 ladder moves.

Here at PSO when I am fortunate enough to make the final 2 tables, I will play as if I am in the money in a real tournament. I try to make selectively aggressive moves to give myself a shot at the top 3. I could easily sit on my hands almost every time and ladder move to the final table. I see %-minded players do this all of the time.

Now I understand a lot of players are trying to win points (of course, we all want to win points). The problem is the ladder moves are fundamentally incorrect plays at the 2 table level (based on shallow money and top heavy payout structure), as Noodles has pointed out repeatedly.

For example, let's say you have 3700 and the antes are 100 and the big blind is 1600. You put 1700 in the pot in the BB, which is more than 40% of your stack. There is a raise from a big stack that will put you allin. You should probably call this raise with any 2 cards, as 1, 2, or even 3 ladder moves in a real tournament will maybe net you $100. However, at PSO you probably fold.

Now you are in the sb, you have 2000, and you put 900 in the pot. You are left with 1100 if you fold, which means you will get 10 more hands at best. There is a raise before you. You should get it allin here with any 2 cards, but at PSO you fold because those extra 10 hands yield a few extra perecentage points, and what the heck, you have no chance of winning anyway. Well if you play this way you are correct, you have no chance at winning.

To the extreme, I have seen players fold in 10K pots for their last $5 so they could make the final table or survive another 10 hands. That type of play is just crazy.

Bottom line, proper play means foregoing ladder moves once you make the money in order to get your chips into the center in the best possible situtation to build a stack and take a shot at the real money. Of course, in a big tournament like the world series, the ladder moves are large enough to make playing for each move a viable strategy, but in most tournaments, the small $$$ for each move are not worth giving up a chance at thr big prize.

Unless and until PSO creates a ranking that reflects and rewards the players who make the top 3, the ranking system will be flawed.

Best way to do this would be to get rid of the added money and rank according to multi tournament bankroll (ie no special events or heads up matches included in the ranking), or better yet, something similar to Minpin's PPT.

As for the current rankings, I am dropping like an anchor. Even Noodles is ahead of me.

Comment

Unless and until PSO creates a ranking that reflects and rewards the players who make the top 3, the ranking system will be flawed.

Best way to do this would be to get rid of the added money and rank according to multi tournament bankroll (ie no special events or heads up matches included in the ranking), or better yet, something similar to Minpin's PPT.
                          Agree completely. 2 seperate systems/bankrolls for ring game and tournament scoring. PPT is way to go for the tournament part.

As for the current rankings, I am dropping like an anchor. Even Noodles is ahead of me.
                          You sure? Gee, you must really suck

Comment

I will admit im not a good omaha player...So I dont play the omaha
                            events.....Perhaps someday i will learn...No need to seperate them.
                            WstWst is a poker master........im sure he is fine with the current
                            system..........

Vega$

Comment

I admit it, I like soup.

Comment

Working...
                              X