PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing player - minor madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing player - minor madness

First off - kudos to JamesG who handled a funny but filthy situation with grace and good humour :wink: . But ...

School PLO8 satellite, and after much carnage it's down to me, James and Acedan. Acedan has been missing for the last hour and is blinding out. But ...

I have about 18,500 , James 1,000 and Acedan 500. The blinds are big. Well, I'm gonna call any bet with virtually any 4 cards, James knows this and is playing as cagey as possible aiming for 2nd.

But the missing player keeps winning halves and sometimes scooping every time he's all-in, and James loses chips.

Eventually (after about 20 hands) the ridiculous comes to pass and the all-in missing player and me each take half the pot and James is busted vs "The Ghostly One" 8O

With 19500 vs 500 it then takes about another 8 hands before I eventually scoop against TheGuyWhoAintThere.

This is funny, but st00pid. What happens in b+m games when a player is long-term absent, especially when it gets short-handed?
    Do their hands play all-in ??? Even if they're at the hospital having emergency heart surgery?

Whatever - Happy New Year folks :lol:

I don't understand. Being beaten by a player who isn't even there sounds pretty typical for James G.

Peace, Starrs LSOGC - The James Gang

Comment

Rosita said

I have about 18,500 , James 1,000 and Acedan 500. The blinds are big. Well, I'm gonna call any bet with virtually any 4 cards, James knows this and is playing as cagey as possible aiming for 2nd.
      Obviously I wasn't being cagey enough! :wink: We had fun though Rosita!!

It was an awkward situation for both of us, but next time I get the disconnected player on MY left!! :twisted:

Starrs said

I don't understand. Being beaten by a player who isn't even there sounds pretty typical for James G.
      Hmmm.... this sounds like a challenge!!!!!!!!!!! :P Headsup???? Gotta be Monday or Tuesday night Steve (I will no be a member anymore after that. : ) Around 9pm Est time? Although I am trying to spend my remaining bankroll as quickly as possible, how bout for a grand? Hopefully I can't blow that much bankroll in 3 days! 8O

Let me know Steve.

James G - The James Gang

Comment

james you leaving us without saying your goodbyes?

Comment

James lost to a phantom!! His new name should
          be spirit-boy. But how can you believe anything
          he says after that?

I'm betting a small percent of my bankroll that he
          is still on the roster after January 1st. And I'm
          betting he's on the first page a month after the
          rankings are reset...

Comment

Jim, I was only teasin' you. On the other hand, I would love to take your money in a heads-up match. Monday night at 9:30 eastern time. You and me for $1,000.

Now, if for some reason you happen to beat me, well, then the better player will have prevailed.

Peace, Stephen

PS. Don't go.

Comment

"This is funny, but st00pid. What happens in b+m games when a player is long-term absent, especially when it gets short-handed? "

to answer rosita's original question is quite simple

if the player is not at the table to play his hand its folded by the dealer

this should happen on-line as well

its something pokerschool should be looking to rectify
              as other on-line poker sites have b+m rule "not present to play - hand is folded"

Comment

i agree vinmor, if you are not there, your hand should be folded, and blinds posted and folded.........

Comment

Working...
                X