PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to tunica!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to tunica!!!!!!!!!!

I have convinced a buddy of mine to take up poker, and also he will be getting a membership soon!! Tomorrow morning we will head to tunica for a little poker action. I hope he does well. Just wondering if anyone had some advice that I have not given him yet, as this will be his first time to sit down at a live poker game. We will be playing 4-8 holdem, and i do not want him to get down if he loses. He says he won't. Well anyway I am off to prepare and can' wait for the convention. Hoping to make enough money on this trip to pay for the WPO!!!!!

cya all

torax

i wish you the best :lol:

Comment

Well, since I have no idea what advice you have given him, how about this:

1) Take only the amount of money you are PREPARED TO LOSE, and when it is gone, LEAVE...
      2) When you sit down the first time, fold all hands for at least two orbits of the button and WATCH the game. You will feel a bit more comfortable with the blinds, button, etc.
      3) Don't be afraid to ask questions...
      4) PROTECT your hand and if you are in question if you won or lost, turn your cards up and let the dealer read them. There is no shame in that..and it sure keeps you from mucking the best hand when you are getting accustomed to the game.
      5) You will probably be a little intimidated with the fast moving of the game, but TAKE YOUR TIME...

MOST IMPORTANT! HAVE FUN!!!
      The last thing we need in poker is more grumpy people!

Comment

There is a $1/$2 Holdem game at Samstowm. Good Luck to him.

Comment

Working...
        X