PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Am Shocked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Shocked

Merry Christmas To All

I very seldom post on this forum but I do read everything that everyone does post. What I have been reading in the last two days just astounds me.

First of all--Congratulations to all that "came in the money" in the Big One.

To think that someone wins the tounament & all the sore losers have to berate his or her play. He made it through 500 plus players & maybe because of his errors (or donkey) play or because the Poker Gods were blessing him that day or for whatever reason he won & you try to make him feel like a piece of sh--.

I think I have played with each & everyone of you that have posted & I dare say that I have seen each of you (including myself) at one time or another make "donkey" plays. I have probably been playing for a longer time than most & have played with some of the best pros in real life at one time or another & they all make "donkey" plays.

If any one of you are such pros as a few of you claim to be then why are you playing at this site. My understanding when I joined here was to learn, so, I just assumed that everyone originally joined to do the same. Of course you all know what they say when you assume something.

The next thing I'm appalled at is that anyone that plays well enough & to be lucky enough to come in 2nd to make such a fuss about a broadcast. Say Thank You & go on with life. I guarantee that what was said on that broadcast had nothing to do with how that game came out.

Now Freddie, my advice ( for whatever its worth) is, if you enjoy doing what you do then to He-- with those that criticize & just continue. If those people that have berated you don't care for your broadcast then all I can say is that they don't have to listen. Also, I feel sorry for all those that went out & bought new mics.

Well, enough of my rambling (don't think for one minute I couldn't go on) .

Joybell

Re: I Am Shocked

Originally posted by joybell

I think I have played with each & everyone of you that have posted & I dare say that I have seen each of you (including myself) at one time or another make "donkey" plays. I have probably been playing for a longer time than most & have played with some of the best pros in real life at one time or another & they all make "donkey" plays.
    Are you referring, by any chance, to when I moved in with J-J, to get busted out by your Q-Q, last night? :lol:

BTW, I resemble your remark re 'donkey' plays- some of mine rather fit the description 'horses-arse' plays, or worse!!!

Having played with a few pros myself and seen some plays come down that I didn't understand(thanks to my infinite wisdom, don't you know :? ), I agree.

Originally posted by joybell
    If any one of you are such pros as a few of you claim to be then why are you playing at this site. My understanding when I joined here was to learn, so, I just assumed that everyone originally joined to do the same.
    Who has made such a preposterous claim? While I'm certainly trying to improve, since I have aspirations in that direction, I'm no pro yet!!

Like you and many others, I joined looking to improve and feeling this goal might best be accomplished by giving it a go at PSO.

Alan

Comment

Depraved, you are not one that I ever heard make such a claim.

Joybell

Comment

Joybell,

But I'm the greatest player ever!!!! :lol:

Alan

Comment

Alan
          Wasn't that Al Gore?

Wait, maybe I am confused.. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by NewJane
            Alan
            Wasn't that Al Gore?

Jane,

I'm not sure about that, but I know I'm confused!! :lol:

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by depraved
              Originally posted by NewJane
              Alan
              Wasn't that Al Gore?

Jane,

I'm not sure about that, but I know I'm confused!! :lol:

Alan
              No, actually your depraved, confused is on third.

Comment

Joybell stated:

The next thing I'm appalled at is that anyone that plays well enough & to be lucky enough to come in 2nd to make such a fuss about a broadcast. Say Thank You & go on with life. I guarantee that what was said on that broadcast had nothing to do with how that game came out.

I say

I have given thanks for my win, joybell, and continue to do so on a daily basis. And my life is going on. And nowhere have I said that what was broadcast had anything to do with how the game came out. Nowhere.

What I have said, in many different ways, is that when stragegy, opinions, and advice on play are offered to a table during a hand, there exists the POSSIBILITY that it could affect the outcome of that hand.

I don't think that happened in this game, but you also can't "guarantee" that it didn't. That's part of the real issue, see? I brought up the matter so that future problems might possibly be avoided. That's all I've tried to get across, and I don't think I deserve your reproach.

Best regards for a Prosperous and Happy New Year. / RR

Comment

:arrow: I AM OFTEN DAZED AND CONFUSED, LOST AND CONFUSED BUT MOSTLY JUST CONFUSED!!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:idea: SANEIGY :arrow: 8O

PS I am not making light of what you said Joybell, I am total agreement of what you said. I just could not resist :wink:

Comment

Working...
                  X