PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victim of Fancy Play Sydrome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim of Fancy Play Sydrome

It's $5.50 Red Spade Open satellite with 10mins blind level and 1500 starting stack. So in between turbo and slow games. I called the check raise shove of the flatter which mostly will have 99-AA or AK in my experience saying that is my call fine? Was it necessary for me to 3-bet there and then call 4-bet shove? And the 4-bet shove of not the inital opener but the flatter. I am a victim of fancy play sydrome executed by Mr.Vampire PS: I am not really happy to spew 50BB with QQ. Under 35BB maybe I can shove QQ above then I need AA KK but this was a perfect trap. Sometimes these kind of hands make me do same FPS play but then JWK tells me it will be disastrous mostly as I will end up trapping myself. But I think FPS should be allowed like some of the time if not often STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adi,

On this depth of money, I think both flatting and 3-betting are valid options with their own merits. Given this is a $5 RSO satty with a healthy population of weaker players during the opening levels, I prefer to push the envelope of my premiums early on, so I like the line you took better than flatting.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Attached Files
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

On a cash table 2c/5c 100bb deep with $5 feeling this is sometimes ok - it has to be a flip AK or beat AA/KK. Deeper stack cash players may go with QQ 200bb deep. So that's scary.

In a tournament, don't go mad with 50bb (we have some space) or the go big or go home dynamic? Well that's scary too. The small sample on the AA trappy over call - you probably can't get a read from 13 hands.

Did you take a note on that villain.
      Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Oct 20, 2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.