PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy hand !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy hand !!

It is $3.30 KO MTT with around 450 runners. 10mins regular blind structure and 3000 starting stack. It also has $0.50 bounty on every player. Should I fold the turn to this insane action, does one of them has here or just stupid flush draws or random X? Full Tilt Poker Game #34818347885: $1,000 Guarantee (KO) (278438595), Table 11 - NL Hold'em - 15/30 - 21:50:20 IST - 2014/10/18 [12:20:20 ET - 2014/10/18] Seat 1: Tosterinio (5,500) Seat 2: inspiredlove (3,852) Seat 3: adikumar2010 (3,030) Seat 4: toppller (3,720), is sitting out Seat 5: Nico_bln (2,115) Seat 6: BphG (2,145) Seat 7: 1BlackTrader (3,000) Seat 8: Angelika50 (5,355) Seat 9: Redemption55 (2,850) Nico_bln posts the small blind of 15 BphG posts the big blind of 30 The button is in seat #4 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] 1BlackTrader folds Angelika50 raises to 60 Redemption55 folds Tosterinio calls 60 inspiredlove folds adikumar2010 calls 60 toppller folds Nico_bln calls 45 BphG calls 30 *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 300, 5 Players) Nico_bln checks BphG checks Angelika50 bets 90 Tosterinio folds adikumar2010 calls 90 Nico_bln calls 90 BphG calls 90 *** TURN *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: 660, 4 Players) Nico_bln checks BphG checks Angelika50 bets 330 adikumar2010 calls 330 Nico_bln raises to 660 BphG folds Angelika50 raises to 990 adikumar2010 STATS :
    Last edited by adikumar2010; Sat Oct 18, 2014, 08:40 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Nuts are 97, not T7.
    From my point of view, it is possible for the small blind to enter a pot with 97, not a big sample size but I don't think Angelika will open raise 97s from UTG+1. That being said, there are a lot of over pairs, sets, flush draws and 7x in both their ranges (maybe not over pairs for the small blind). Also that min-raise, only 330 over the last bet from both of them, doesn't look like nuts for me, only looks fishy.
    Given the stage of the tournament, I like to shove here.
    5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi adikumar2010! The problem with this hand is definitely on the turn. When I complete my straight and there are two flush draws available, I absolutely cannot flat the 330 bet. I need to raise it and I need to raise it enough to price out the flush draws. With 3 opps, I need to raise by 3/4 pot. If I call or raise to less, the opps can be getting the correct odds to stay in the hand and outdraw me and if I do so and lose, it’s my own fault that I lose the hand. If I raise and someone wants to come over the top, I’m calling as I’m getting the correct odds to get my chips in. Yes, I have the second nuts, and 79 is definitely in the opp’s range (definitely more likely for Nico to have it than the UTG raiser)… but this is what will happen continually in family pots. There is one hand that can beat me and plenty of 2 pair combinations, sets or draws that I’m ahead of. If they have it, so be it, it’s why I need to be following correct bankroll management. As played, I shouldn’t be in this situation, but due to the flat and two min raises, I’m only left with one option and that is to shove… a play I shouldn’t need to be making if I play the earlier part of the turn better. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) P.S. This is not insane action. It’s a bunch of abnormally small bets and raises from players that most likely don’t know any better. Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I was scared of 79 John , that's why I couldn't raise
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by adikumar2010 View Post
          I was scared of 79 John , that's why I couldn't raise
          You can't look at one specific hand. You need to look at the opps entire ranges.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.